Author Topic: Inferno: Alliance Released!  (Read 120980 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Re: Inferno: Alliance Released!
Haha, I disappear for a while and this happens. Looking forward to it, just struggling to get the files now. Got to find a way to clean up the hard disk after a mass Windows update... Bangwal

BTW, I have the FSPort, so is it possible to xfer the music over?
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Dysko

Just finished it!!! Extremely good work Woo!!!
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline mr.WHO

I found what cause that error.

In FSO registry it say that my language is Polish (and it isn't supported by FSO).
Can I modify registry/files somehow to swith language to English (it don't have to be English ingame, just in registry so FSO would not generate such error)?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Goober:
1. Yeah I was thinking at one point of using that feature, but since this is a hybrid mod I thought it may cause issues to be searching for the INF SCP versions of the FS2 tracks, so I didn't use it just in case.

2. Does the old hack still work? As I don't really want to update that file until Nix produces the higher quality versions of the FS1 tracks unless I really need to.

3. Yeah I'll need the ballistic hud changes for INFA2 as well :)

asyikarea51:

We use the beta mainhall track supplied by Nix, the FS Port files don't include this track, though the rest should work fine I think as long as you have a music.tbl for them.

It's out! YIPEEEE! :wakka: :wakka:

Of COURSE I only find out once I'm at school and can't download it and play it and dkfajd;lkfkdadk$#$%@#*  :mad: :mad:

Whew... really looking forward to playing this one! :yes:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline mr.WHO

Hooray :D I mannage to get it working :D
Impressive, I'm looking forvard to INF:A2.

However, I think that 40% to 60% of missions were too simple ( I don't mean a dificullty level, but a missions complexity - for example "attack on moon comm array" or "Battle over Earth").

However dificulty level is very good (they mannaged to shoot me down about 6-10 times over campaign - note that I haven't played FS2 for a year) not MAD hard but also not BABY easy.

:D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Granted, some of the missions were just, protect Zagreus, two pirate wings jumps in with wave x3 each, then protect Zagreus. Admit it Woo. :P

But I'm not trying to be negative or anything, I couldn't do much better.

Well, after some problems I was able to play it...
Good campaign!  :yes:(at least, the beginning... I only have played few missions :D)

(And nice musics! Is it possible to hear them also outside FS?)
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I don't use download accelerators so I couldn't help you there.

As for the music you can just extract them using VP View and then listen to them in any player that can play the OGG format.

Offline Centrixo

i dont understand the readme, its completly confusing. it could be because im from tea drinkers land (United Kingdom), or it could be me... i dont know.

i just dont understand, where do you extract the game base, and do you have to move it anywhere?
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Uh I'm from Liverpool and I made it :p

Extract the INFA folder to wherever you like and then move it in your FS2 directory.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Goober:
1. Yeah I was thinking at one point of using that feature, but since this is a hybrid mod I thought it may cause issues to be searching for the INF SCP versions of the FS2 tracks, so I didn't use it just in case.
Bah.  That's precisely why I added the feature.  If the substitute music is present, it is used.  If it's not present, for whatever reason (whether it's not in the table, or it is in the table but can't be loaded), it isn't used.  Basically, the game tries to use the substitute music, but if it encounters any problems, it falls back to the regular music.

2. Does the old hack still work? As I don't really want to update that file until Nix produces the higher quality versions of the FS1 tracks unless I really need to.
No; I removed it because it was... well... a hack. :)

Offline Centrixo

opps sorry woomeister :lol:.

i have some good and bad opinions about this mod. and im probably going to get flamed, either way ive voicing them :P.

the good points

mod is good overall

and i know alot more about pre-shivan conflict 1 and that angel scout fighter.

i feel so releaxed at seeing earth and the moon from my cockpit

more ships and designations.

the hyperspace corridor is changed, pretty :nod:.

the bad points

is the ships take too much juice from my machine, in some missions the ships are so graphicalised the frames can drop to 1 or 2!. i am using the high end spec pc here, 2 cpu p4 2.8ghz, 1gb ram, 256mb graphics card, on the lowest settings on FS2open.

the early missions are too dead and lifeless for a pilot like me.

that fast ultramanoverable fighter that beings with an E. that is too repetitive for my liking.

there are too many fighter wings on some missions where you try to save a ship from destruction it becomes a bit.... shall i put it - a bit lame :blah:

the music files dont work even though i placed them where there supposed to go and are not coorupt either.

there is only a blip for communications. that kind of ticked me off, on one mission where you fly suicide to gather data on a ship i didnt know that a fighter wing was after me, and was killed on the spot(i hardly ever get shot down by ai even on hardest skill).

in the campaign breifing room you see the same picture on the screen instead of something different so nothing really gained there, and because of that i learned hardly anything except a bit of writing.

too much emphesis on transports and protecting them, not enough on action.

i cant do my suicide fighting style without loosing more than 3 quarters on my health(shooting and directly facing an ai doing exactly the same back)and thats the style i use all the time on fs2.

and the last one, there are too many frequent crashes with this mod. 

apart from these problems the mod is 7/10, not bad at all :)
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

Well, Woo, I've played about halfway (I think....) and I too have a few complaints.

The dialogue... is... nonexistent. Even the briefings and debriefings seem lifeless. No chatter between pilots at all. Furthermore: no tech room intelligence. It's all standard FS2 stuff.

One last point: all the "new" technology is thrown at you without explanation. I don't know how long after the Great War this is (lack of tech room intel maybe?), but the railguns, Avenger II cannons, Shriekers, new ship classes, etc etc, just all "POP" and there they are. No gradual introduction to new ship classes. So, I'm confused: did the GTVA have all this tech around during the Great War? If not, why does Sol just suddenly have all this technology lying around? The Zagreus destroyers have some explanations, basically: "These ships were discontinued after the Orions were made, but have come back due to lack of Orions". That's an okay tech description. Is it the same with the rest of the "new" tech?

I'm being critical and negative, I know. I'm not saying it's a bad campaign. Those are simply the points that need improvement. Everyone else has stated the good points and I'm not going to bore everyone with restating them. I think I agree with Centrixo: 7/10 seems very fair.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
@ Woo

I eventually found out that a direct copy of the Port music didn't work, so I downloaded the music pack.

------------------

Damn that new AI... I already got myself fragged countless times on the first mission, then oddly enough, the AI didn't target me (why me alone and not the other wingmen?) in the later attempts and I got through. Didn't even encounter the "proceed after failing 5 times" menu.

Only to run into that same menu later in the campaign more than FOUR times in a row... I went "That's it. Ripper, Mace, Hunter... KILL THEM ALL KILL THEM ALL KILL THEM ALL!1!!!1111!1!1!!1!!!" And another oddity I found in the bombing missions - the wingmen die so fast, it's as good as saying that Command only sent one bomber (A1) instead of a wing of four. Everyone else gets bombarded and fragged by god-knows-how-many super-agile Enceladus (rather repetitive, I agree) and Angel/Valkyrie fighters in the first wave like scissors to a paper. It's too challenging in my opinion... and I was only playing on Medium.

I was looking forward to the tech entries (and a gradual introduction to the weapons and ships) too, but oh well. It would've just made the rather frustrating campaign longer, and pushed the release back I think. And the Railgun's sound is oddly familiar... where was it from? Quake 3? Poke646 (a Half-Life 1 mod)?

Other than that, I generally like the release overall. I especially like the cycled Ripper. Single bank, let'er rip! :D :yes: And the yellow shockwaves too. Forgive me for the rant... :( :shaking:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:29:35 am by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Dysko

I don't know how long after the Great War this is (lack of tech room intel maybe?)
15 years. It is in the campaign description.

and the last one, there are too many frequent crashes with this mod. 
I have many crashes, too, but  every mod (or even only the Media VPs) every few missions crashes my PC. I had this problem since I downloaded rc7dot9u and rc7dot9x.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Goober:
Yeah but if I set the first choice as the INF:A track and the second choice as a FS2 retail track, and that track isn't in the INF SCP tables then you'd get no music?

Centrixo:
If it's running slow try checking your drivers or try a different FS Open build.
If the music doesn't work make sure your sound card can run OGG files and that you have OpenAl installed.

Crashes maybe due to unstable FS Open builds. I had no reports of crashes from the testers and have experienced none on either the SCP standard version on this PC or the INF SCP version on my laptop.

I wasn't doing voice acting for this, though if someone wants to organise a project to do so, I'll patch the files to officially use the new voices.

If I did full cbanis for the briefings it would of drastically increased the filesize, so I opted for single frame, but higher quality anis.

Your suicide tatics won't work as INF SCP ai changes the fire rates of the hostile ships to match the friendly ships unless you play on Easy or below. INF SCP is quite different to FS2 in that way :)

Dark Hunter:
The newer tech is introduced before INF:A but after FS1, only the Hera is introduced during the campaign. Since your not a rookie pilot getting an explanation on flying craft your supposed to be familiar with would of looked strange.

As a note on the techroom intel and stuff, well I originally planned this campaign to be a lot shorter and smaller (original INF:A was a 6mb download)

I might go back and redo the intel and do some ship intros during the cbs at a later date, if there's a large demand for them.

Offline Centrixo

thanks for reply woomeister. i had to change my tactics to work the ais, and have gone through teh campaign again, this time i didnt die once.

as for fs2open none of them do any justice. im using a perfectly good graphics card capable of this stuff i even ran quake 4, it runs perfectly :nervous:.

i do have OpenAL otherwise fs2open wouldnt of launched in the first place :p. as for OGG i have never even heard of that extension before.

it would be good to have voice chat in game.

as for your SCP and INF SCP. what that stands for i have no clue, i guess its a launcher, i read the readme file on the net from what i can make out is that you run 2 different launchers, one for admin the other for the mass. so it would be ovbious it wont crash on the admin launcher because you built it  :lol:, so really comparisions dotn work imo.

i will check out my computer throughly for any sort of problem, if any. 

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I have a 256mb 9200SE in this system which doesn't like HTL models and a 64mb X700 in my laptop which can run INF:A on top of INF SCP at maximum settings. Both my systems are rather old so it isn't the mod data.

Try finding a music player which supports OGG and see if you can extract one of the tracks and play it.

INF SCP is the next version of the main Inferno mod. INF:A is also compatable with the next INF release which is a standalone mod which doesn't require FS2 to be installed.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Is INFA2 going to be a hybrid of INF SCP only? You said something about that because of INFA2 including the EA ships.