Author Topic: So you want to FRED for INF SCP...  (Read 17149 times)

Re: So you want to FRED for INF SCP...
Remember though that we don't know how heavily populated some of the outlying systems are. How many Terrans and Vasudans were on Altair, for example? You wouldn't have more than a small colony (canon points at a research base/archeological dig in that system), and I doubt a fleet would be assigned to protect such a small presence there. By contrast the capital Beta Aquilae might have a massive fleet presence there to ensure that the administrative and civilian administration is well-protected.

Also Qwer, "Allied fleet has been pulverized" could simply mean the 3rd Fleet. All this stuff is extremely speculative at best.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
All this stuff is extremely speculative at best.

Aye.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Also Qwer, "Allied fleet has been pulverized" could simply mean the 3rd Fleet. All this stuff is extremely speculative at best.

Extremely speculative? :wtf: 100 juggernauths knocks to GTVA front door, Bastion must reach EP jump node and GTVA makes different move than sending most of remaining forces to Capella? Sorry, but this is much against my common sense and logic. :doubt:
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Err... I didn't see 80 destroyers at Capella? :doubt:

The amount of destroyers in that post is INSANE. Absolutely. They could build 100 Colossi with that. ::)

With that sort of resources and building power, then building the Colossus would take at most 1 year probably.

Offline Qwer

Have you read my earlier post carefully? I wrote about 20 destroyers in Capella, not 80.
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Meaning that there are still 60 destroyers left, not the 'entire fleet destroyed', and certainly not only 4.

Plus, there is absolutely NO canon evidence of any of this stuff. The insane number of destroyers is just wrong...

Offline Qwer

60 Destroyer count was before NTF rebelion. Until Capella it dropped to 20 (of course in my theory). I suggest reading my long post again.

And fact that there is no direct evidence (one indirect one was present in my long post) doesn't mean everything I've written is surely total @#$%&@#$ (actually I sometimes have feeling that at least 10% of HLP community thinks that way). On the other hand you also have to explain small destroyer count before NTF Rebelion. What would it be? Everybody was drinking Bosch Beer for 1,5 year and then started blowing up each other for few weeks? :p

EDIT: do you have ICQ/MSN? It'd be more comfortable to discuss it that way. ;)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'd say the destroyer count would be about 40 destroyers, for the entire GTVA (Terrans and Vasudans). Hey, I had a great idea, how about a fleet breakdown! (I love these :D)

GTC Fenris - about 40 or so
GTC Leviathan - about 20-30 or so
GTC Aeolus - 24+ (confirmed by database, but the NTF may have made more)
GTCv Deimos - ~30
GTD Orion - 15
GTD Hecate - 5
GTVA Colossus - 1 (duh)
GVC Aten - probably 10-20 (destroyed by former GTA, mothballed)
GVC Mentu - ~20
GVCv Sobek - ~30
GVD Typhon - 15
GVD Hatshepsut - 5

So for the GTVA, they have:

Cruisers - 84
Corvettes - 60
Destroyers - 40

However, after the NTF rebellion, this many ships are left (not only defected, but destroyed by the NTF too):

Cruisers - 36 (32+16 defected or destroyed)
Corvettes - 43 (11+6 defected or destroyed)
Destroyers - 25 (10+5 defected or destroyed)

I will admit that these figures are almost pure speculation.

Offline Qwer

Cruisers - 84
Corvettes - 60
Destroyers - 40

Only 2 times more cruisers than destroyers? :eek2: This count should be at least 3 times more. Also too few corvettes, 2 times is optimum IMHO.

GVD Typhon - 15
GVD Hatshepsut - 5

It's a bit strange that you've missed important tech description which says that Typhoons have been almost completly replaced by Hatshepsuts. :P

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Cruisers - 84
Corvettes - 60
Destroyers - 40

Only 2 times more cruisers than destroyers? :eek2: This count should be at least 3 times more. Also too few corvettes, 2 times is optimum IMHO.

GVD Typhon - 15
GVD Hatshepsut - 5

It's a bit strange that you've missed important tech description which says that Typhoons have been almost completly replaced by Hatshepsuts. :P

Well, it's a sane amount judging from the numbers of Aeolus class that were produced (24 is a low number, many, many Fenris were produced but were most likely destroyed by Shivans and Vasudans in the 1st Great war. Plus, remember, Corvettes will replace cruisers, and there are only 2 classes of corvette. The GTVA fleet is entering a new 'transition-era' in shipbuilding and technology or something).

Ah. Then probably:

GTD Orion - 23
GVD Typhon - 5
GVD Hatshepsut - 7? (it is very unlikely the GTVA can produce more than 1 destroyer a year).

Extremely speculative? :wtf: 100 juggernauths knocks to GTVA front door, Bastion must reach EP jump node and GTVA makes different move than sending most of remaining forces to Capella? Sorry, but this is much against my common sense and logic. :doubt:

Of course they wouldn't send their entire fleet there. It doesn't make sense to deployvaluable resources against an insurmountable enemy. If you send 20 destroyers against 20 juggernauts, what do you get? 20 large wrecks and half a million personnel dead.

Anyway, this is getting heavily off topic. I've looked at the beginning of the thread and I think the whole open endedness to the offer isn't a good idea when it comes to choosing people to work for us. How about instead writing a very broad description of a mission, and seeing how well people implement it in FRED?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well LGM would suck at that since he needs a very detailed description to make a mission :P

BTW, how's INFSCP coming along now that you're back? :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
That's not completely true. Check my doc about m9 and m20...you will easily notice that I've EXPANDED the original concept of both missions. :P When I have time and/or imagination, I come out with interesting stuff.

Welcome back, Sid!

Anyway, open FRED, place a destroyer, then a corvette. Move it and look how big a destroyer is. There could even be 4-6 corvettes for each destroyer. Remember that the NTF built the Iceni, that was impressive.

Tech descriptions say that the Hatshepsut is the primary Vasudan destroyer and only a handful of the old Typhons remain. Unlike the Terrans, the Vasudans seem to have more advanced destroyers.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

I'm not really back as such, just sitting on the sidelines and putting the occasional bit of work in every now and then. I'm getting more interested in modelling actually. :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I see.

You're not like people here:
http://forums.acecombatskies.com/index.php?act=idx/

They're just supposed to spam and sometimes say "I have problems with my personal life". They're nothing compared to you, since modelling/FREDding and spamming are two separate things.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]