Author Topic: help  (Read 3986 times)

hey ive been off for a while so i duno the latest development in inferno... but i couldnt find the original inferno campaign here so i dled it at game spot. i finish the first chapter and that was it. im sure the story doesnt end here i saw the ssj gigas and they havent even destroyed it yet, wtf? can some1 pls tell where to get the rest of the campaign? ty  :D :nod: :D :lol: :lol: ;7 ;7 ;) ;) ;)
The only forgiveness is between them and God, it is up to me to arrange for that meeting.

It's coming.  If I understand it right, first they're converting Inferno R1 (the one you played) to a fully SCP compatible format, then they're going to focus on the other chapters (which have all had some work done AFAIK)
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

No, they're rebuilding it from the ground up, pretty much. It'll be closer to a Total Conversion than an add-on campaign once INF SCP is released.

Rampage is the one working on INF SCP (Woomeister is mainly busy with Inferno: Alliance, a prequel to Inferno).

And do not ask him when it will be done, all you'll get is a "when it's done" answer.  ;)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I have half a mind to make a parallel campaign using R1 on 3.6.9 as a base, some halfway missions done, but I'm having trouble with cargo containers not responding to events/objectives... other than the fact that the original R1 looks pretty "messy" to me.

I'm not surprised that the team decided to start from scratch...
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

No, they're rebuilding it from the ground up, pretty much. It'll be closer to a Total Conversion than an add-on campaign once INF SCP is released.

Rampage is the one working on INF SCP (Woomeister is mainly busy with Inferno: Alliance, a prequel to Inferno).

And do not ask him when it will be done, all you'll get is a "when it's done" answer.  ;)

really? but there r ships like aj androgeos and sj hara and that shivan desk and another juggy so y r they there? did the maker created chapter 1 than abandoned the campaign cause there was too many bugs as i heard? i think its good lol no bugs so y?
The only forgiveness is between them and God, it is up to me to arrange for that meeting.

As I understand it, they were not satisfied with the storyline, so they rewrote it. The EA war is still there, but just because an event happened in R1 doesn't mean that same event will happen in INF SCP.

They also have mostly the same ships, although most have gotten a graphical upgrade and some have been completely redesigned (the Gigas, for instance, looks totally different).
The Ancients will no longer feature in the main story... although a side-story called Gateways is supposed to feature them.

They also have rebalanced weapons and armor settings, meaning that the ships are no longer compatible with retail FS2 unless you wish to spend time editing the table values.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
did the maker created chapter 1 than abandoned the campaign cause there was too many bugs as i heard? i think its good lol no bugs so y?
All major bugs in R1 were fixed by the SCP patch. Errors like the Red Alert bug have nothing to do with us.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
INFR1 - The original Inferno, the one you know. Shadow0000 released a patch some time ago, look in the Inferno forum (not by the Inferno team). There is also a patch to make it SCP compatible, PM me if you need instructions. (Made by the Inferno team)

INF:SCP - A complete remake of INFR1, starting from the ground up. Uses the SCP engine and has many HTL ships. Yet to be released. (Work-In-Progress by the Inferno Team)

INF:A - Inferno Alliance. A campaign that shows what happened in the Sol system after the jump node collapsed. (Made by the Inferno team)

INFASA - Inferno Alliance Stand-Alone. And update to INFA making almost all of the ships HTL, and improving the campaign. (Work-In-Progress by the Inferno team)

INFA2 - Inferno Alliance 2. The sequel to Inferno: Alliance, will be released as a mod for INFASA. (Work-In-Progress by the Inferno team)

INFR2 - The sequel to INFR1, dropped in favor of INF:SCP (By the Inferno team)

S:AH - Sol: A History. Alternate campaign about Sol after the Lucifer disaster. Made by Blaise Russel. An amazing campaign, I have yet to play it as I can't get it to work. (Fan-Made)

And please don't spam smileys. One or two suffice.

Ha! Beat you to it, Snail! j/k
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 12:59:26 pm by colecampbell666 »
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

INF:A has been released already.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Please don't forget Dreamcatcher and Steadfast. They're WIP, but interesting ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
What are they about?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Dreamcatcher is about...the Dreacatcher. Steadfast is a long campaign full of new features(one of which is the presence of cutscened missions). They both use INFR1.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]