Author Topic: 2008-06-07 - Diaspora Developer Blog  (Read 12692 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
2008-06-07 - Diaspora Developer Blog
June 7th 2008 - Inaugural Address[/b]

As you may have noticed the date above is quite a while ago. At time of wrting it's almost two weeks since the team got started on this game. We're not ready to go public yet but we wanted to start the Dev blog right at the start so you could watch the game take shape.
  I'm not going to go into why the team split from the BtRL one, it was a mixture of creative differences and disagreements about release schedules that resulted in us deciding to go our own way. Since then the last two weeks have been hectic but fun.

The first meeting for the dev team is scheduled for tomorrow. There we intend to hammer out the details of our plot line and which models you can expect to see in our first release. That doesn't mean the team has been doing nothing of course. There are several ships we obviously know we'll need so the team has been working on that. Both Vipers for instance are a must so two of our most talented modellers are working on them and already have textured ships to show off.
 Since the game will have a very strong multiplayer element we've also been kicking around ideas for multiplayer missions. Getting the simple missions out of the way now will allow us to work on the more complicated stuff without interruption later. We want both single and multiplayer to make you feel as if you are flying a viper in the show which means we'll be putting a lot of effort into the multiplayer missions too.

Recruitment has been the other big drain on time (at least for me). We've hired several talented people to work with us. If you think you've got what it takes there is a thread on the subject for you to read. 

In general though the team feel very optimistic about how far we've come in such a short time.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:17:42 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]