Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308999 times)

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Re: What are you working on?
In other words: the best I think I can put it is, don't take it too seriously. I believe that people could assume that there's much more to the story than is actually there.

It really is just a brief story.  ;)

Well I'll have to deal with it the way it is then. :cool:

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Quote from: HG_03.fs2
$Created: 08/01/07 at 13:29:56
$Modified: 04/16/19 at 00:03:07

11 years, 6 months, 14 days, 10 houres, 33 minutes and 9 seconds. Talk about a delay between original creation and update, but had to squeeze it somewhere.

Reworked the download from the wreckage, to incoperate elements cut from the original release and add modern quality of life-features:
- Moved status message for the download to Directives, including proper counter.
- Included the option for the download to be interrupted by moving too far from the source. (It was in the original idea, couldn't make it work then.)
- Download time set to 200 seconds, up from 120. (For the sake of the Counter - needs proper testing)
- Added a couple of messages including the missing Mission Failed messages.

Also, Memories of the Great War has a working Knossos-compatible version now. No solid timetable for the re-release as other stuff has priority.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline AdDur

Well, I haven't played "Memories" in pre-Knossos era, so its reworked version is one of the campaigns i'm really eager to play.

Quote from: HG_03.fs2
$Created: 08/01/07 at 13:29:56
$Modified: 04/16/19 at 00:03:07

11 years, 6 months, 14 days, 10 houres, 33 minutes and 9 seconds. Talk about a delay between original creation and update, but had to squeeze it somewhere.

A good chunk of the INF missions also has dates like that. I better hope for you that you can deliver the same quality. :p ;)

Offline 0rph3u5

Well, I haven't played "Memories" in pre-Knossos era, so its reworked version is one of the campaigns i'm really eager to play.

I missed the 10-year anniversary by a mile, so please do not hold you breath.

A good chunk of the INF missions also has dates like that. I better hope for you that you can deliver the same quality. :p ;)

*looks at badge, ponders what to say*
No.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

Had a little fun with the Horus before lunch - can't have to logo spill on the brighter part of the texture because that's repeated elsewhere. Other colours are possible, but the red is good contrast and not too far from the otherwise "earthy" colours of vasudan designs.

Similar attempts with the Thoth went ... not so good. Anubis is next in line.

HoL-logo in red from the wiki

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

... and here is the first pass at the Anubis - front of the ship already look quite like the HoL-logo, so I only used the "crescent". Again, alternative colours are possible.

And this too, I used the HoL-logo by Mjnmixael and Galemp.

EDIT: v3 adds a broken stripe and a vasudan inscription ("We return the universe to its true purpose") to the fin above the pilot.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:25:58 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Oh I love these!! Please share once you're done!
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Is that green thing part of the model?

Offline 0rph3u5

Is that green thing part of the model?

You mean to the two green orbs on the bottom of the Anubis? Those are docking points for the support ship - You can tell FRED to display indicators for fighterbay paths and docking points.

Oh I love these!! Please share once you're done!

Will do. Expect them with either Vega must burn or the re-release of Light of Antares; one of those I will finish before the month is out.

==================

Offline AdDur

Well, i'm still young, so i can wait till 20-th anniversary!

I'd presume that Orpheus plans to get it done earlier...

Offline AdDur

Always anticipate the worst - then you will be constantly positively surprised.

Making a good mod is like building a cathedral. :D

Offline AdDur

Vega burns... I see a connection...

Offline 0rph3u5

Well, i'm still young,

I am not ... although I can still crunch with the best of them. (which is not as good as thing as it sounds)

I'd presume that Orpheus plans to get it done earlier...

I specifically set up Memories of the Great War on Knossos in a way that allows me to easily fork off a release candidate for the individual campaigns when I need to (or once all are done to fold them back into a one stop solution). So no more hiding behind the fact that Rain on Ribos IV makes sad and mad in equal measure each time I look at it - 19 year old me was too eager to get things done to worry about good design.

Making a good mod is like building a cathedral. :D

If it wouldn't be in bad taste, I would have an architecture joke for this.

==================

If it wouldn't be in bad taste, I would have an architecture joke for this.

It takes years to built, but only 1 HD crash to take it down?

Offline 0rph3u5

Now with 100 percent less seizure-inducing lighting!

(There is a second scene to that Epilogue; three if you count the credits)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:31:51 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Meantime, your Prophet of Squating is lurking in the shadows, slowly forging various strange things in his shipyards using dark, arcane, slav magic...

I decided that I need something new to let myself grow... Like PBR zods. And what's the best opportunity to achieve that goal? The answer is simple - collaboration with one of the best of vasudan makers in the community. GalEmp's GVC Mekhet - vasudan-shivan hybrid cruiser is slowly taking shape as my experimental rabbit. Two big projects wants to deliver you two hi-poly vasudan capital ships, so I better be prepared to cover them with pretty textures when the time comes.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.