Author Topic: Let's play Blood Bowl II: Legendary Edition  (Read 8371 times)

Offline Mika

Re: Let's play Blood Bowl II: Legendary Edition
And so begins our half time, our Secret Weapons get rejected by the Referee, and we are playing gobbos and trolls.

After inconsequential blocks, it's finally time to pick-up ze ball, and guard the ball to the best of our capabilities. Which isn't much. Those two trolls can't do everything themselves!

Alright, let's clear up some space by blitzing that knight. I can't get anybody else there without rolling a dice, and it's a one die. But we have a re-roll!

It's OK, I accounted for this, we have a re-roll, use it! What could go wrong, right?

And another one down and another one down...

Our pogoer is left with no choice but to leap over opposition once again. I want him to have maximum movement to run like wind!

Now I just need one goblin to tell Spoon what to do so he doesn't derp out again

Oh well. At least there's a representative picture of Spoon there. Unfortunate as it is, our Pogoer still couldn't run fast or far enough.

Knight shoryukens our Pogoer to the injury pit. He's just Badly Hurt, so who cares. He'll be able to play again.

Speaking of our injury pit, it looks like this for the time being. That's four players out due to spotted fouls and them being secret weapons. Two are injured, and one is knocked out cold.

Swift is the opposition recovery, and they are already threatening our middle line! It's time for Troll Air Flight #002. Cleared for take-off, Gutstench!

Yes, Yes, YES!!

No no no you stoopid troll! It's OK to injure the gobbo, but not OK to throw him just in front of you!

Somehow I'm starting to think Gutstench may not have the golden throwing arm he desperately needs...

Medic! MEDIIIIIIC!

And Bretonnians break through our lines, with Spoon being stupid once again

My only standing goblin must either run to Gutstench or Spoon, and tell them to throw him on the ball carrier, or blitz the ball carrier. The nasty thing is, I can't activate both trolls with the same gobbo.

Spoon recovers back to this world from his internal, no doubt very beautiful world, and tries his throwing arm. Troll Air Flight #003 is ready for boarding!

He of course fails the first throw roll. The re-roll is spent here, and luckily, despite Spoon being a Loner (means half the time re-rolls don't work), it does the trick.

The Gobbo flies a beautiful parabolic arc to the next square, but lands on his back and gets KOd.

Since it doesn't matter at this point, Gutstench is signalled to attempt a block - alone. Without anybody standing next to him and supervising he actually does what he is told to do.

Yup, that's what the trolls look like most of the time

Brets make it 1-1 to nobody's great surprise

Hey, I'm starting to get a bit worried about the numbers advantage here...

The Bretonnian kick is the worst kind of kick. It lands just inside our part of the pitch, but lies near the middle line.

It also so happens I conveniently positioned Mr. Nobody there.

We have to clear at least one player out, and I reckon the least risk is by just blocking with either troll

Re-roll! RE-ROLL FOR NUFFLE'S SAKE!

What? It actually worked???

Spoon is captured doing what an adult bull troll does in its natural habitat

But that's not enough to remove a player. I need removals, people!

The probable last action of this turn is to pick up the ball.

Which turns out to be an accurate prediction.

Interestingly, Brets fubar it up as well. One gobbo standing next to the knight is enough to disturb or intimidate him, and he fails the pick up twice

Our final action is to pick up the god-forsaken ball, and bring it next to Spoon. Throwing the goblin as far as he can hopefully prevents a further last turn touchdown from Brets.

Unfortunate as it is, picking up the ball seems next to impossible

The final act of the game is for the Brets to get tackled by Spoon

So the game ends in despicable draw. We want more defining numbers here people! We get 40 K to the bank, so that's something, we can buy one more gobbo if we want to. And at the rate this is going, we probably also need to.

Ah, the neutral results...

The dice statistics show an interesting abundance of twos being rolled for the match. Now THAT explains something.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:09:43 pm by Mika »
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

And to think this is the Utopian version of the Warhammer franchise!

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
Clearly Enigob is MVP.

As soon as he left the green, the game went tits up.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Mika

Apparently, it was a wrong week to start coaching goblins

We will have to see about Enigob in the next game  :lol:

Gotta say this team is awesome. It let's me experience the full emotional scale a human being can feel. In a single game.

I can be cackling like a madman when things go right, yet I'm looking at disbelief when my carefully risk minimized play gets blown to bits by having no-one reliable enough in the team. That is then compounded by me making the worst possible recovery actions, but that's part of learning how to play gobbos.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 04:21:44 pm by Mika »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
That second half was amazing  :lol:
Throwing gobbo's seems to be the surefire way to ensure the enemy gets the number advantage

(Any chance of you being able to record a gif or webm of the more spectacular moments? I feel sometimes, just stills dont do this madness justice)

This I think, is our Spooninator troll, doing what he does best, bashing skulls.

Yup, sounds about right.  :nervous:
Yeah!

Here's a snapshot of Spoon being Really Stupid.

Yup, definitely sounds about right.  :nervous:  :shaking:

Sunds like this littl' git be volontering for sum fly time.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Enioch

I'm stronger than you, trolly boy, bugger off.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Lil' gobbo dinks ee iz strongg?
Hah!
Lil' git bedda be doin' wot Ca'pn Trollinator sez, or me'll be pukin' awl ober ya.

Urutorahappī!!

Offline Enioch

Pffffffft. Ye call dat a club? I use tings like dat to scratch me back.

Ye'll be puking alright. When my basher beats ya beer belly black an' blue. Try it before that and I'll plug dat ugly mug of yuzz wiv yarown broken teef.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Wot da zogg didja jus' zoggin say ubbout meeb, ya lil' git?  Meeb’ll ab y'knowz meeb graduateded top o' mi class in da Orky Nobs, an meeb’ve bin involveded in lotza secret raids on da stunties, an meeb ab ober 300 confirmeded kills.  Meeb be traineded in gorilla warfare an meeb’m da top snipa in da entire Ork armed forcz. Yer nuffin ter meeb but jus' anodder target.  Meeb will wipe ya da zogg owt wif per-cision da likz o' which az neva bin seun before on dis Urth, mark mi zoggin wurdz. Ya tink ya kan git away wif sayin' dat ploppaz ter meeb ober da Internet? Tink again, ****a. As weeb speak meeb be contactin' mi secret network o' sneakin' gitz across da ole woild an yer IP iz bein' traced roight nows so ya bedda per-pare fer da storm, maggot. Da storm dat wipz owt da weedy lil' fing ya calls yer life. Ya’re zoggin dead, kid.  Meeb kan be anywhere, anytime, an meeb kan kills ya in ober sevin 'undred ways, an dat’s jus' wif mi bair 'ands. Nub onlee be meeb offen traineded in unarmeded fightin, but meeb ab accez ter da entire arsenul o' da United Orkz Marine Corps an meeb will use it ter its full extent ter wipe yer mizrable ass off da mug o' da continent, ya lil' ploppaz. If onlee ya cud ab known wot unholee retribushun yer lil' “cleva” communt was ubbout ter brin' down upon ya, maybe ya wuud ab 'eld yer zoggin tongue. But ya couldn’t, ya didn’t, an nows ya’re payin' da price, ya goddamn idiot.  Meeb will ploppaz fury awl ober ya an ya will drown innit. Ya’re zoggin dead, kiddo.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Mika

What the hell is going on in my team? :D :D

Enigob indeed has substantially greater strength (7) than Spoon (5). Except, I don't know if it comes from the muscle or from the hard iron ball. Anyways, the fanatic is actually a two body system who orbit the common center of gravity, and travel through the pitch. To approximate direction of travel. Nobody sees the Fanatic stop spinning the morning star while he is on the pitch. I tend to think that's because he really can't!

I reckon Spoon will look a bit like this in the team breakfast:

There might be something more coming between you two in the next match. But that update will be for tomorrow, been a bit busy today

Offline Enioch

What the hell is going on in my team? :D :D

Nottin' ya needz to worry yer head 'bout coach.

Enigob indeed has substantially greater strength (7) than Spoon (5). Except, I don't know if it comes from the muscle or from the hard iron ball.

Hard iron ballZZZZ, act'lly. ;)

Anyways, the fanatic is actually a two body system who orbit the common center of gravity, and travel through the pitch. To approximate direction of travel. Nobody sees the Fanatic stop spinning the morning star while he is on the pitch. I tend to think that's because he really can't!

Yer'z mistaken. Tha only reason I dun' stop is cuzz ya haven't paid me ta.

Also, da GODZ dun'like it when I stop.

I reckon Spoon will look a bit like this in the team breakfast:

HAH! Ya tink he's clevah 'nuff to uze a SPOON?  :lol:

There might be something more coming between you two in the next match. But that update will be for tomorrow, been a bit busy today

Can't wait!

Also, Spoon, that 'translation' was a work of genius! :yes:

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
HAH! Ya tink he's clevah 'nuff to uze a SPOON?  :lol:

Also, Spoon, that 'translation' was a work of genius! :yes:
I must confess, entirely within the theme of our team, that I've been cheating a bit.
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Mika

Today's match is against Chaos, and we get at least one bribe. Early Chaos isn't too bad, but we're goblins!

Yes, we DO want to attack first!

We start with Enigob who advances from the middle of trolls, and ends up a bit to left. Our blitz is reserved for Slayazh.

Whoa! :eek2:  :eek2:

He outright killed one, on the first round! And it was a Chaos Warrior, pretty expensive to replace!
Though, this does give me hope for the match.

Failing to pick up the ball DOES decrease my enthusiasm a notch.

Because of that the gobbo guarding Slayazh gets blitzed

Aaaaand he is knocked out. Surprise surprise!

Pick up the god damn ball! Like your life depends on it! Cause it kinda does

Now would be a good time to use our bombardier. Snapig, throw a bomb to the concentration of enemy units. Yes I know there's one gobbo in the middle of it, he really wishes something to help him!

Let me get this: the opposition player intercepted the bomb, and threw it back to Snapig???

Throw it back gobbo!

That's three down, one of them stunned! Run to safety(?), little gobbo!

Unfortunately, this offense also opened up a direct line to Slayazh, who then gets blitzed and KO'd

Spoon earns his upkeep here by ending the opposition turn pre-maturely.

We, of course, welcome any opportunity to boot people on the ground

For trolls, the opposition doesn't need to be on the ground

Here's a small sequence of Enigob swinging the ball. That's a Chaos Warrior

Here's the same Enigob swinging the ball. That's Spoon, you are not supposed to block people of your own team dammit!

Here's Enigob doing again the job he is supposed to do. He ties up THREE Chaos Warriors, and even their combined strength isn't enough, it would STILL be a two dice against block against him! Note that the Chaos Warriors are neatly lined, and this is exactly what Fanatic wants. It's a guaranteed block on one of them  ;7

Unfortunately, Enigob still has problems capitalizing on these opportunities

What we want to do is to instill fear on opposition of falling to the ground. The only thing that guarantees is a goblin jumping on top of you

Here's a stylish turnover caused (for once) by Gutstench

Our advance then HEAVILY depends on the troll Gutstench realizing he HAS to move forwards. He doesn't.  :hopping: Here we go with a STR2 cage. Whoppee!

Here Enigob swings the morningstar once again on (now prone) Spooninator.

The attempts to reinforce the pogoer further in the enemy back field are abruptly stopped by a well placed tackle by this beast man

Those hooves aren't a joke! The gobbo breaks a leg!

The enemy responds with a blitz threatening the ball carrier cage

Their next block kills the gobbo Toptra

It's now all up to this, the pogoer MUST make this dodge to score. He has dodge skill, so he will re-roll the failed dodge automatically. That means 67% is actually 83% chance of making it.

He rolls double ones.

And that was our first action. This means the rest of the team is in dangerous positions and will receive some flak.

Enemy spends a re-roll and manages to pick-up the ball

Miraculously, a single goblin stops the onslaught. He gets knocked out in the process, but hey, he literally took one for the team!

Alright alright, we still have a plan. It's not a good plan, but it's all we got. We get one goblin to assist a blitz of the opposition ball carrier and hope for a miracle scatter on our gobbos. Our pogoer does the blitz.

Oh NO NO NO NO! Re-roll that one!

Yup, you sure got him down, but you aren't there to receive the ball anymore you silly little pogoer!

Surprisingly, the audience doesn't tear that gobbo to shreds. However, Enigob here makes a well timed tackle with the morningstar. I don't how the hell you did that, but bloody well done!

It's half time now, and the first half was a massive downer of not getting the score. But we did dash out some damage finally.

Unfortunate as it is, Slayazh remains knocked out... our only secret weapon available is Enigob

After a careful discussion and consultation of the Living Rulebook, the referee agrees it's OK to keep him on the pitch for the second half!

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Meeb loike ter kills.  Meeb rillee rillee loike ter kills an wen me'm done killin ya, ya wish ya woz dead!

* StarSlayer rampage cut short in its prime
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Mika

* StarSlayer rampage cut short in its prime

Who saw that one coming?

Offline Enioch

Here's the same Enigob swinging the ball. That's Spoon, you are not supposed to block people of your own team dammit!

Git oudda mi way, ya stoopid troll!

Here's Enigob doing again the job he is supposed to do. He ties up THREE Chaos Warriors, and even their combined strength isn't enough, it would STILL be a two dice against block against him!

Unfortunately, Enigob still has problems capitalizing on these opportunities

Eh....'appens

Here Enigob swings the morningstar once again on (now prone) Spooninator.

Warned ya!

Surprisingly, the audience doesn't tear that gobbo to shreds. However, Enigob here makes a well timed tackle with the morningstar. I don't how the hell you did that, but bloody well done!

Wodda ya mean "Ya donz knowz ow meeb did dat?"

Meeb be Enigob!  Meeb be Chosun o' Gork an Mork! Their 'ands spin meeb around! Look upon mi morningstar, ye Kaos Warriors, an despair!

Unfortunate as it is, Slayazh remains knocked out... our only secret weapon available is Enigob

*snip*

After a careful discussion and consultation of the Living Rulebook, the referee agrees it's OK to keep him on the pitch for the second half!

*snip*

Goddammit, Japan. :nono:

Offline Mika

Alright. Second half, and the Referee accepted the bribe. Snapig is ejected as expected...

WHERE THE HELL IS ENIGOB???

And then it dawned on me

There was one bribe, and the first one that was asked was not Enigob. It was Slayazh. He's still lying in the KO'd box! So we bribed the Referee so that Slayazh could continue his nap in the KO box.

Being a bit underpowered and the kick being once again short, it's time for desperate measures with Troll Air

The pass works, but the gobbo fails his landing. That's not a reason for a turn over, but that means the gobbo didn't get anything useful done anyways.

We reinforce the area. Run through the tackle zones, you're stunty anyways!

The pogoer can then blitz the ball carrier with one die

The results start to be a bit predictable. Re-roll that!

Gutstench is the immediate target of opportunity

Aaaand the troll is out. I repeat, the troll is out

It's desperate measures again, and I'm desperate enough to let Spoon blitz

He rolls pushes. And our turn is then abruptly ended by a failed dodge.

Which is paid by Squisniv

They advance, and the only player I have left is a single gobbo, going uphill against a beastman. It's do or die now, so go go gobbo!

Nope, not good enough. Re-roll!

Most of our players get knocked down, but none is out. There's only one gobbo standing of the entire team. He must make the next blitz, again uphill

Re-roll that one!

Thankfully, our blight is mercifully ended by the beastman scoring

You know what's the funny part? Slayazh is STILL having his nap!

The team is getting a bit thin wouldn't you say?

CRRRAAAAAP!

Yeah, run under the ball you just kicked

Here comes the blitz

Quick, get to that ball, and pass it to the gobbo next to Spoon!

Aaand here comes the punishment

Wait, was that the last gobbo next to Spoon?

Yes, yes he was. There's only one more standing, and the opponent has already caged up. You know the moment, where you know you are gonna lose, but you still have to go forwards with grim determination?

Well, why not roll a double skull while at it?

Let's try a blitz this turn

And it's a double skull. I'm sort of getting a tingling feeling Nuffle is trying to tell something...  :lol:

The injury box seems to be filling once again

It's our last turn, and Slayazh is still sleeping. The plan is consolidation touch down. To accomplish that, Spoon must be freed of that Chaos Warrior. It's a one die blitz

Yes!

The pogoer must now pick up the ball, and pass it to the gobbo next to Spoon

Yes!

Now, Spoon must pick-up the gobbo and throw him to the opposition back field

It's inaccurate, but does have sufficient range! Yes!

Run to the touchdown line, little one! Curse you Nuffle, you have taken so much from us, but this one you shall not!

.... He tripped over his feet just at the finish line

And we were thoroughly beaten

CRAAAAAP!

Hey, Spoon is the MVP!

And this is what our team looks like now

Wait, where's the gobbo who got MVP from the last match?

That's the one who got killed

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
What an amazing disaster  :lol:

Curse roight me'm da mvp.  Meeb was da onlee wun left on da feeld, while da rest o' mi weedy team was takin' a nap
Urutorahappī!!

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
It's OK.  Skarsnik's Goblin campaign is the hardest one in Totalwarhammer too.  Many goblins will die.  It is the price of victory.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D