Author Topic: Reworked Ganymede  (Read 15980 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
there's a light grille panel missing
Also, needs more pipes.

It needs a texture too, it looks unfinished.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Trusses are too thick.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 02:46:16 pm by redsniper »
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Awesum sauce.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
WHERE ARE THE CABLES.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
:yes:
And THIS is why Axem is still one of the best modellers around! The modelled greebles are mostly pulled straight out of what the textures indicated should be there in a way that makes sense, and then other relevant details are used to tie it all together. It looks brilliant. :D

So now all you have to do is animate all those giant robot arms. :p
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So now all you have to do is animate all those giant robot arms. :p

Told ya he'd say that!  :lol:
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
And THIS is why Axem is still one of the best modellers around!
Word. Mah brother, word.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles

Offline swamper123

• Just call me Swamper
Amazing stuff, I keep wondering, how such and old game, have a great community like this, and  I always thinks that more and more people will become freespace's gamers just because the effort of all the comunity put for improving this game. again awesome
Let's play Blue Planet

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
And THIS is why Axem is still one of the best modellers around!
Axem Appreciation Month on HLP - celebrating things Axem.

Holy nutballs that looks amazing.

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Beautiful just beautiful, may steal a few design elements while working on the Sol jump gate for Inferno. That is if you don't mind of course.

I know there are other designs out there but Woo wants to keep the beafy feel of Terrans adopting alien tech in a crude manner so other community built stations are out for that role (The ones I've seen are great but just not beafy enough). Can't say I blame him it makes sense in a way and I whole heartedly agree with him even if it makes my job harder.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 02:07:49 am by BrotherBryon »
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Axem

Ah the Ganymede, my on-again off-again model. Been so busy FREDding, scripting and goofing around that I forgot all about you.

http://p3d.in/R8hHR

Aaallmoooost done with the model. Just need to decide how to handle the light grille and what to put in the scaffolding on that giant arm.

Wow, that certainly looks excellent. The new extension you added also seems like it could accommodate BW's modular objects really well and makes the Ganymede look like it actually holds personnel and supplies for the refuel, refit and repair functions it has. Keep up the good work as always, Axem!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I don't like it, the cables! they don't even meet at the center of the model, and they are too thick of course :P
el hombre vicio...

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
I don't get the Ganymede as a whole (one reason why I'm terrible at FreeSpace). Where to the builders go?
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Axem

I don't like it, the cables! they don't even meet at the center of the model, and they are too thick of course :P

The joke is on you! It's on all of you! Those cables are just smoothed from the retail model because I was too lazy to actually remodel them!

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!  :lol:

(But they are moved a bit so they end on good parts of the ring)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 My only complaint is that the tubes exist. :D Otherwise, good work.

I'd like to request an alternate model without the tubes, if it's not much of a bother.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The hoses are individual subsystems on the model, even in retail. If you don't like them, just pre-destroy them in FRED. No alternate model necessary.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Man, I felt that I had seen this thread just a few months back, didn't realize it had been a whole year!  :lol:

The model looks leet as always Axem!  :nod:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun