Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613856 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: What are you playing right now?
MWO because I need to learn my Commando all over again.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

There's a Skype group set up for MWO chat with Esarai, Aesaar, Hades, and I.  Either of you interested in playing with us?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Maybe. Hades knows my skype name if you want me.

A Feddie Story

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
All this talk of MWO has led me to dig out my old copy of MC2 and download a load of old mods. Right now playing Rebirth of white company and getting my ass kicked by Steiner  :sigh: good times

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
All this talk of MWO has led me to dig out my old copy of MC2 and download a load of old mods. Right now playing Rebirth of white company and getting my ass kicked by Steiner  :sigh: good times

Why not check out the Omnitech project right here on HLP?

Offline Gray113

• There comes a time when the odds are against you,
I have had a glance and when I have more time (I'm swamped with coursework at the moment and just looking for quick few mins of blowing **** up) I will be giving them a go. Its the same reason I haven't started MWO yet either though once I have the time I will probably get right in to it.

Had some kickass games of MWO with Esarai, Aesaar, and NGTM-1R.  Our final match before I quit for lunch had the party of Esarai, Aesaar, and I taking the top three slots on the scoreboard at the end.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Finished Crysis & Crysis Warhead. Goddamn, I forgot how much better these were when compared to Crysis 2. I've considered installing Wars and checking online but from what I heard Power Struggle is a hollow shadow of it's former self nowadays.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
MWO managed to elite my barbershop quartet of HBK-4s.

Put together and vetted a new HBK-4H just today.  AC-20 backed by 5 SLas and a Standard 260 engine, with the speed tweak it makes 92.7 kph.  AC-20 at 92.7kph is a hoot.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Just finished Saint's Row The Third and MechWarrior 3. Man, that was intense. Trying to do Pirate's Moon (the MW3 expansion), that is presenting a bit of a problem.

Yaargh, those punks and their AC 20s...
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Just finished Saint's Row The Third and MechWarrior 3. Man, that was intense. Trying to do Pirate's Moon (the MW3 expansion), that is presenting a bit of a problem.

Yaargh, those punks and their AC 20s...

You made MW3 work on Win7?

A Feddie Story

Offline LHN91

I actually had fewer issues playing Mech3 on Windows 7 than on XP. The trick is to use an nVidia or Intel graphics chip, as they seem best equipped to handle the steaming pile of compatibility issues that is DirectX 6.1.

Mechwarrior Online for me as well.

Since I just started and am reluctant to pay real money right now, the only 'Mech I actually own is a Spider-5D.

2 Med. Lasers (1 in the arm and 1 in the torso) and a Guardian ECM. Works excellently for a harassment/scout role.

The other day one of my matches had half our team in Light mechs vs an entire team of Heavies and Assaults. Enemy team was pretty confident that with that much firepower on their side, they couldn't lose (though they were smart enough to devote a mech or two to base guarding duty to prevent capture).

Result: win by annihilation of enemy team. Only mechs left standing were the Lights.

Lesson learned: do not underestimate Light mechs, especially with ECM. They can run circles around Assaults (like Char of Gundam fame said: "It doesn't matter how powerful you are if you can't hit me") and flank the bejeesus out of Heavies.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Why the hell would you use a Spider and not the Raven? :wtf:

Because I like the Spider.

Seriously, though, mainly speed. True that the Raven is a bit heavier and has more hardpoints, but it's also 30-50 kph slower (depending on variant).

Also Ravens are ugly.  :P
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
random D&D based games thanks to a recent GoG sale
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just pre-ordered Poker Night 2, so I should be working on that before too long.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
You made MW3 work on Win7?

I ran it on an XP box (my craptop had serious GFX issues, hardware mode had trash, software mode had inconsistent high-speed problems as in I would pause for a second then move a large gap forward while at full throttle, despite me trying to hog the processors with CPUGrab).

Boy, I gave one of my team mates an Annihilator with dual Clan ER PPCs and dual AC-10s (had 80 rounds of ammo total), he scored a lot of kill shots. (It helps that the MFBs start the campaign with almost 1000 rounds of AC-10 ammo.)

In Ops Zone 4, I only had a few Mechs left and said screw it, ER PPC bumrush (I kinda wasted a lot of my LRM and MG ammo by boating it, and hell, I had about 150 Clan Double Heat Sinks to waste on my team mates by the time I reached that area) and I gave myself LB-10X ACs (to core CTs) or AC-10s (if legging for salvage is a priority) with three or four standard MLs. Surprisingly, that worked.

Lesson learned: do not underestimate Light mechs, especially with ECM.

I just had to post this, I could not pass it up.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Why the hell would you use a Spider and not the Raven? :wtf:

Granted the 3L is the best light atm and SDRs are never going to be high damage dealers, but I'll admit they always look like they are having fun...

Plus if the AS7s are firing skyward in impotent rage and not at me sneaking around the buildings popping off AC-20 rounds then all the better.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

And that image is a keeper!  :lol: