Author Topic: A celebration of Freespace  (Read 2675748 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: A celebration of Freespace
That. Looks. Awesome.

It does.  I'm wondering what it is though.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Something awesome.

Indeed.  However, it would look even more awesome if I knew a bit more detail about what it was supposed to be.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
A random video with some specials ships or not (Hurricane V, Askael, Amaterasu, Blizzard, Ion, Kvasir, Phoenix Rising, Emperor, Typhoon, Manchester Dry Dock).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1GyCKBqesg

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I can't but wonder how you can play with a cockpit like that, it blocks most of the view which I find highly annoying.

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
your videos are awesome metaldestroyer....  :yes:  only one thing... i have to agree with fury... this cockpit is too big and hide too much view... i think is a fov problem.... the real fov must be around 0,17 or 0,20 (17 or 20 degrees).
why don't you try those settings? i think you should see better in the centre of the reticle  :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
The default value is 0.75, and actually I set the value to 0.52 and before that I was on 1.0 (fisheyes). If I put a value lower than 0.5, all object will lokk bigger and I can't see much around me.
And, I like cockpit view, I don't care if I don't have a clear view. :)

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
yeah...cockpit view helps a lot with track ir...i think is good but not all the cockpit are useful to play and honestly not all cockpit are good to view  :) the diaspora's mk vii is a good sample of a cockpit should be  :yes:
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

I told you I saw DS9!! And another Trekkie ship. Do you have a Star Trek mod in the workings Metal Destroyer?

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I told you I saw DS9!! And another Trekkie ship. Do you have a Star Trek mod in the workings Metal Destroyer?

In fact, I've just grab a Star Trek ship pack years ago. I don't remember if I grab it in sectorgame or freespacemods. And I just pick some ships to do some crossover universe.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
yeah...cockpit view helps a lot with track ir...i think is good but not all the cockpit are useful to play and honestly not all cockpit are good to view  :) the diaspora's mk vii is a good sample of a cockpit should be  :yes:

The Mk VII cockpit is a good one. But I don't like cockpit with a total clear view in the upper part. I have some preference to cockpit like actual modern fighters (Su-27, F-15, F-16, etc...).

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
for some reason i agree with you....the cockpit with the upper parts feels so cool....another question off topic... my track ir moves only pitch roll and yaw.... can you use the x,y,and z axis too in fs2?(i use freetrack for now)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
MD, the F-16 has an all clear bubble canopy, so I'm confused.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Oups, you got a point. So just replace F-16 by the F-14 Tomcat :)

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Woah where'd the Manchester come from?  Is it available publicly?
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It's from Omniscapper's Star Trek conversion and should be available somewhere.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
It's from Omniscapper's Star Trek conversion and should be available somewhere.

I don't remember this Star Trek Conversion came from Omniscaper. But, if you can give me a website where I can upload the whole ship pack, I'll upload it for you guys. :)
The VP file is around 600 MB.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
freespacemods?
you might need to PM swantz though. something borked with upload permissions or something.

EDIT: page 333 get.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
no, upload permission is fine, it just has to be admin approved before it gets on the download page, and I'm an admin so I can make that happen.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL