Author Topic: got a tough one for you, multi monitor linux question!  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Cerebus

got a tough one for you, multi monitor linux question!
I've got a triple screen setup, and in windows Diaspora will load on the center monitor, due to nvidea surround vision forcing it to do so.

Now, in linux (mint), I managed to get all 3 x servers to work in a contiguous fashion (I can stretch video across all 3 for example) but the far left is the primary X server.  I dont believe I'm going to be able to have the screens in the correct order and have the primary x server be the central monitor (as it's forced to in windows due to SV), so I was happy to get them to play nice at all.  That being said, playing diaspora on the left monitor is annoying and I was wondering if there's anyway to tell Diaspora to load on the 2nd X server, instead of the primary. 

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: got a tough one for you, multi monitor linux question!
You could give this a go?

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this myself, I just found it with a little googling...
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Cerebus

Re: got a tough one for you, multi monitor linux question!
You could give this a go?

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this myself, I just found it with a little googling...

looks promising, tried to work it for a minute, had a couple problems, will re-attempt in the morning

thanks

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken