FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

[RELEASE] Lost

(1/18) > >>

HLD_Prophecy:

Lost is about waking up in the middle of nowhere, alone.

It's a short story. I intended it to take no more than ten or fifteen minutes for a full playthrough.

It really is a short story. I came up with the plot, more or less, in a day; the mod itself has been continouously touched up for the past few years.

Lost was part FRED exercise, part hobby, part relaxing pastime. I hope all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting it together.  :)

[I can pack up the mod files into a folder (classic manual install style) on request; however I highly recommend using Knossos for simplicity and user-friendliness. .]

CREDITS!

I'd recommend not reading these over until you've finished playing. Credits are also located in 'credits.txt' in the mod files.

Spoiler:Voice:

HLP user Millbear (Simon) is the talent behind the superb voice clips used in the final mission. Many thanks for his endless patience and professionalism!

Ships:

AF Serio: FSF, Freespaceking.

Akrotiri: Bobbau, Esarai, FSF, Freespaceking.

Malia: Original model by the Inferno team, was upgraded by the ASW team.

Angel: Venom (Nico), with conversion help from Woomeister, HTL model by Vasudan Admiral.

Interface:

HUD and icons came from ASW. Custom HUD sounds are also from ASW. Loading animation is from ASW.

Other interface art was made for me by Spoon.

Weapons:

The Defender (Pharnec) and Intruder are from ASW. I don't know who is responsible for them, but thank you whoever you are.

Music:

The scary rise sound effect from the intro scene is from the game NaissanceE. Not a game I recommend playing, unless you crave brutalist architectural nightmares.

HomePlanet_Amb, AD_Battle3, AD_Victory: From the Ancient-Shivan War mod, these are uncredited so I'm not sure who made them.

The_White, Gentle, Gears, Not_Forgotten: From the Kairo Arranged Soundtrack (it's the indie game, not the movie), by Bartosz Szturgiewicz. Used under the Creative Commons license.

Beta Testers:

Xenocartographer and Cazao.
Massive thanks to these two totally awesome dudes and their awesome feedback for bringing my mod from a very rough draft to a possibly-release-worthy state!

General thanks to everyone who answered my innumerable questions through the forums.

Even more thanks to anyone who worked on Ancient-Shivan War.

I'd like to give a shoutout: Most of the music in this mod is taken from the indie game Kairo. It's a pretty awesome game, with a masterfully crafted ambient drone soundtrack by Bartosz Szturgiewicz (goes under the stage name Wounds). The tracks I included are clips, not full tracks, and there are many more to be found in the full OST. If you liked the music, consider giving the album a buy!

On the Bandcamp page linked above, Bartosz specifically permits reuse with credit, under the Creative Commons License.

HLD_Prophecy:
OH MY GOODNESS I DID IT

I actually RELEASED! A MONTH AHEAD OF SCHEDULE

OH YEAH OH YEAH OH YEAH

Let the bug reports... BEGIN!!!   :D

HLD_Prophecy:
I want to take this chance to thank my two Beta Testers, Cazao and Xenocartographer. They were totally great, sending me way more feedback than I had thought possible and helping me to make massive changes.

I can't believe that I actually thought it was ready to release before beta-testing. :P Thanks guys, you get kudos!

0rph3u5:
Congratulations on the release! :D

I will mark this down as "play after my release"

HLD_Prophecy:

--- Quote from: 0rph3u5 on November 25, 2016, 04:34:32 pm ---Congratulations on the release! :D

I will mark this down as "play after my release"

--- End quote ---

You mean The Lost Generation, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version