Author Topic: Another, "Hey, i'm new!" topic  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Reggie

Another, "Hey, i'm new!" topic
I've only recently found this mod, originally I was following the btrl mod and then a friend of mine pointed me in the direction of this one.
Took me ages to find... admittedly because the person who told me cant pronounce or spell diaspora for toffee  :)
From what I've seen in the gallery, well, wow was the only descriptive word that came to mind, I'm very impressed!
And don't worry, I'm not going to ask the dreaded question of, "RELEASE DATE PLZ OMG!?!?!" and i cant offer any assistance other than what could be a horrible bit of voice casting with my yorkshire accent (although i might try...)
I'll stop kissing your asses for now, just wanted to say good work and I'm very much looking forward to your mod! :)

p.s
I'm a very patient person anyway, Ive been waiting for my football (soccer to those over the pond) team to get back to the premier league for 8 years  :banghead:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Another, "Hey, i'm new!" topic
Good to have you on board.

Where in Yorkshire are you from? I lived in Hull for 7 years myself. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

Welcome to the boards Reggie. No promises but the Yorkshire accent might actually be interesting as a voice of someone from one of the colonies. We do know they used various accents for different colonies - maybe we could make you captain of a mining vessel from Picon or something :P
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline arrtee

Might you have room for a dashing captain with a Spanish accent? (ducks)

OK, maybe a janitor with a Spanish accent? :P 

short-order cook?

Welcome aboard, Reggie.. here, lemme make you an omelet...with the corners cut off..:P

Reggie  :welcome:
Fat people are harder to kidnap :ha:

Just found this place myself today by pure accident. I had no idea of the existence of "Diaspora" until less than an hour ago.

I must say, I'm very impressed with (among other things) the cockpits. That was something that I sorely missed from "Freespace". Keep up the good work!

Offline newman

Welcome to the boards. Glad you like the cockpits :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
arrtee & Harlequin

:welcome:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Thanks guys! I feel welcome already.

Offline newman

And already you doubled your postcount :)

Offline Reggie

Thanks for the replies!
And when i have a free house I'll give the voice acting a go... found it hard when people are in to give any conviction to, say,"KRPYTOR, KRPYTOR, I'M GOING DOWN!" without feeling embarrassed... :s
@ Karajorma, I'm from the lovely part of yorkshire known as Bradford although i prefer to think of myself as a Leeds lad :)

Offline arrtee

ahh heck, I've been around since early BTRL days... I pass thru every now and then to see the progress. I aint much for talkin anyways..:P

Welcome aboard guys..:D

Welcome aboard gents  ;)

Hi Reggie!

There's a whole bunch of "Leeds Lads" over here in Shenzhen, China at the moment. One of them was responsible for my major hangover the other day. He was worse, though. He's got no memory of us putting him into a taxi and sending him home.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 01:15:04 am by Harlequin »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Maybe we should have a HLP China meeting. It would really piss off the Americans if we managed it when they still haven't had any luck with HLP USA. :p

Shenzhen's a long way from Henan though.

Wow! Didn't realise that you were in China too! (Spell checker doesn't seem to like my British spelling of "realise").

So, how long have you been here? I came for six months - sixteen and a half years ago!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I've been in Henan for about a year and a half now, teaching English. There are a couple of other people on the board doing much the same.

It's something of a long running joke that really over here cause I'm planning on outsourcing Diaspora to Chinese people who will do the same work at half the cost. :p

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
0 x 0.5 = PROFIT!
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
I realise now I never received my HLP welcome beam. Can one of the kindly Diaspora devs shoot one for moi please? :)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Dude, I wasn't beamed until I was well past 1000 posts.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns