Author Topic: No news on Blood & Chrome  (Read 14012 times)

No news on Blood & Chrome
Sad to see how little investment is for Sci-Fi shows anymore....
http://io9.com/5834264/battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome-may-get-demoted-back-to-being-a-webseries

Looks like they had all of the people hired and made something at one point from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1748706/combined
But apparently they are doing it totally green screen which doesn't seem feasible for any success?

Either way, Happy New Year folks!!!

Offline newman

Re: No news on Blood & Chrome
But apparently they are doing it totally green screen which doesn't seem feasible for any success?

I got two words for you. Star. Wars. :D

Anyway, Happy New Year to you too!
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Something

• Will Voice act for any mod
Wing Commander III's cut scenes were all against a green screen (maybe a blue screen back then) and that was successful :)
Done voice work for :
TBP Relic mini-campaign - Released
Warzone Campaign
Olympus Burning

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
I read that it had all been filmed, and the CG was done, but Sci-Fi won't commit to airing it.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

You call that a success?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
syfy is a cruel joke if you like sci-fi, dem ghost hunter reruns ad infinitum and B grade movies.

Too bad our space channel couldn't afford rights to air B&C

You call that a success?
a mild one I'd say.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
NASA TV needs to get in on this action.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline newman

You call that a success?

Financially? Yes. We can cry about how we hated those movies as long as you like, at the end of the day those movies generated a huge profit. Mission accomplished, they did what they were designed to do.
They don't make the calls whether to air something or not based on the quality of it's plot, or on it's artistic value. They base it on financial projections. Financially, unfortunately, the sw prequels were a huge success. The fact they were a festering heap of rubbish as movies is irrelevant for this discussion.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I read that it had all been filmed, and the CG was done, but Sci-Fi won't commit to airing it.

After the huge success RDM's BSG was, and then the praise Caprica received, I'm surprised that's the case. Caprica didn't do as well as it should because of all the mid-season finales and breaks.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Do you honestly expect SyFy to flat out admit that it was their policies that ****ed up Caprica's ratings though?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
You call that a success?

Financially? Yes. We can cry about how we hated those movies as long as you like, at the end of the day those movies generated a huge profit. Mission accomplished, they did what they were designed to do.
They don't make the calls whether to air something or not based on the quality of it's plot, or on it's artistic value. They base it on financial projections. Financially, unfortunately, the sw prequels were a huge success. The fact they were a festering heap of rubbish as movies is irrelevant for this discussion.

I meant success for the end user, not commercially, I assumed that was the angle KewlToyz meant but I suppose I misinterpreted it.  Plus I don't think BSG can leverage the same massive populace of masochists to turn slop into dollars like George could count on.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Do you honestly expect SyFy to flat out admit that it was their policies that ****ed up Caprica's ratings though?

Pff, you never know. There might actually be a smart person somewhere high enough that realized it.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

Pff, you never know. There might actually be a smart person somewhere high enough that realized it.

Yeah man totally some...

one...  smart enough..  some... where?

Offline maya

• Some text here.
    • PN3

Sanctuary is very near total green screen. Awsome show.
I am a guy....all the cool BSG guy names were taken.
aka EmmEff | aka Pilot

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
Sanctuary is very near total green screen. Awsome show.
Have you ever seen a scene where they're in the library? The only thing not green screen are the actors and a table.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
But, it's still a good show.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
not denying that fact.    :yes:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
And another somewhat decent example of nothing but green-screen gone wrong: Spy Kids 3D.

Offline newman

Babylon 5 should be enough proof for everyone that cheesy cheap blue/green screen effects don't have anything to do with how good a show actually is. This discussion went to a weird place, talking about greenscreen and examples of successful shows using the technique, when that has nothing to do with Sci Fi not committing to airing B&C. There can only be two reasons for that decision - they're either waiting for what they perceive as a more opportune moment to air it, or just don't see money in the whole BSG franchise anymore (hell, maybe the B&C pilot really is horrible and they kept it off on those grounds alone - we can't be sure without having seen it). Either way, greenscreen has nothing to do with it.

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
No matter how good the green screen, it will never be as good as a proper set, where the actors can actually interact with it.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.