Author Topic: Looks shifty with his hand out?  (Read 2501 times)

Looks shifty with his hand out?
There's been some discussion going on with separately modeled cockpits and whether you can render ship dependent hud modules directly to said cockpit. I saw in your trailer 3 that was released that the Raptor shown looked rendered realtime in game? Is this true? The code I looked at in the SVN looks like it supports it (hud.cpp). Would you guys be willing to part with an example of this implementation? I'm not asking for a lengthly explanation just something we can base our efforts off of. Credit will of course go to the Diaspora team of course. -Looks around shiftly-   :nervous:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Looks shifty with his hand out?
Well, the code to make that work is not in svn yet, it's in the private Diaspora branch, which will be merged into trunk as soon as practical (note, not as soon as possible).
And yes, the current HUD system was written with render-to-target capabilities in mind, although those have not been implemented yet.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Thanks for the heads up. Will wait patiently for the merge. :D

The best things come to those who wait... So I wait and don't ask about completion. I hate deadlines, they detract from proper form too much.   :cool:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I have a technical question about it. Will it be possible to render multiple gauges to one texture? For example, in a cockpit model, there'll be a texture slapped onto all the model's gauges, MFDs and the like, and a table would be used arrange gauges on that texture.
Also, will it be possible to place multiple gauges on one MFD and then switch between them. Sort of like Wing Commander, where you could switch the left MFD between comm menu, comm image, EMS, SMS and shield/armor display. Or real fighters, for that matter.

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Yes, I coded it so you can designate what is considered a cockpit display on a cockpit texture then assign various gauges to those targets.

Only DRADIS works atm until the code gets stable.

That is gonna be so wicked =P

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yes, I coded it so you can designate what is considered a cockpit display on a cockpit texture then assign various gauges to those targets.

Only DRADIS works atm until the code gets stable.
That's great. Can't wait for it to be done. Any estimates? :)