Author Topic: Rumor: Blood and Chrome to be released this month  (Read 11824 times)

Rumor: Blood and Chrome to be released this month
Granted, even the site that posted it is hedging on it, but Aaron "Chief Tyrol" Douglas pointed it out, and he seems to be good about keeping tabs on things. Apparently, "multiple reliable sources" have said Blood and Chrome, the webseries/backdoor pilot/telemovie centering around Bill Adama as a fighter pilot in the first Cylon War, is to be aired/streamed this november, with a DVD/Blu Ray release next month.

It seems reasonable enough to me, given that from all accounts, the movie has been totally complete and ready to air for about eight months, and "The Plan" and "Razor" both came out in November. I'm not saying it makes sense to keep a finished product on the shelf for almost a year because of some pathological need to release BSG telemovies in mid-to-late autumn, but it does seem like the sort of thing that would make sense to the insects skittering around inside the skulls of SyFy Channel executives.

Offline Cerebus

Re: Rumor: Blood and Chrome to be released this month
I'll be keeping an eye out

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Well this is of interest to the team.

On one hand, we get a bunch of new canon information about 1st Cylon War. On the other hand, we get a bunch of new canon information about the 1st Cylon War. ;)

If Blood and Chrome never got a release, 1CW would remain completely unknown apart from a few hints what might happen in Caprica and the few flashbacks we got in the show. That means we can do and say whatever we liked about it.
 Now we're going to get a bunch of stuff that might contradict our view of what happened (for instance a throwaway line saying that the only battlestars present during the war were 12 Galactica class ones completely contradicts our story that the Theseus saw action during the war).

That said, I've been kinda looking forwards to seeing this and I really hope it's good. It will give us a bunch more stuff to add to Diaspora, most likely.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
That probably makes it a good thing R1 wasn't a 1CW campaign after all :p

And if anything, that will bring back yet a little more interest to BSG in general, which can only be good for the subsequent popularity of Diaspora.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Cerebus

There is a BSG feature film in the works as well

http://blastr.com/2012/08/bryan-singer-teases-very.php

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
There is a BSG feature film in the works as well

http://blastr.com/2012/08/bryan-singer-teases-very.php

Yeah but that's not RDM BSG, it's something new and weird and possibly awful.

It'll be here in 4 days if this article is to be believed:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/11/05/battlestar-galactica-prequel-date/

EDIT: Plus holysh*tomg new trailer!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qj50xJhWdcM

Somebody teach me to embed this bad boy!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yeah, it's airing in chunks on YouTube, then later in the year on SighFigh

Check out the weird semi-stock footage thing with a shot from The Plan with the three Valkryies replaced with two Galacticas and a Columbia. Wait, it's not a Columbia, the nose is absolutely covered in guns. Guess you don't have to worry about them saying there's only twelve Battlestars for the whole war.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:34:36 pm by David cgc »

The effects and action look like what fans wanted in the new trailer

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I can agree with that, but what little we see of the script sounds ****ing awful.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline NoSpin

Seems a slightly different style from BSG no? Certainly looks pretty action packed.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
I'm okay with action packed! Give me action packed nuBSG!

Offline Fish

• Nugget
Check out the weird semi-stock footage thing with a shot from The Plan with the three Valkryies replaced with two Galacticas and a Columbia. Wait, it's not a Columbia, the nose is absolutely covered in guns. Guess you don't have to worry about them saying there's only twelve Battlestars for the whole war.

Aaaactually, that third Columbia, with the extra nose armour and head guns is apparently the Galactica... You can see the nameplate on the side of the flight pod at 0:28 as the Vipers head toward the nebula.

Also, I wonder what kind of ship the Osiris is at 0:51? She's getting torn to bits by the hybrid new/old basestar that we saw in Razor.
<><

Osiris looks like some kind of frigate or destroyer (in the present-day sense, not like "Star" or "Omega"). And that isn't quite the Razor Basestar. It's the top section of the Razor Baseship, duplicated so it's also the bottom, and then superimposed on a TOS Basestar. When the first trailer leaked, I was kind of disappointed by how much of a kludge it was, but I played with the design a little since then, and the silhouette has really grown on me.

Weird about the Galactica. I mean, it wouldn't be too strange for it to have looked different 40+ years before the series and then modified in the meantime, except here and in Razor, we saw other battlestars during the war that looked like Galactica did during the show. It could be CG corner-cutting, but it'd be odd to design a variant battlestar and then forget to change or obscure the nameplate.

Offline newman

We'll see what's what when it airs. They also changed the Mk2's canopy from what I could gather, but the in-cockpit shots seem to show the old one. I hope they didn't retcon the mark 2 but rather introduced a new variant..
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
the MK II cockpit should be the same CG made after season 2 from in house.
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline newman

Sure looks that way, but it doesn't actually fit the new canopy we've seen. Which leads me to hope that the new canopy mk2 is a variant, and it's not a CGI screwup. A bit early to start detecting those already :P
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Would this be the wrong time to mention the hideous premultiplying glitch in one shot, then? ;)

It looks like the MK2 has been totally remodeled for B&C (and retextured, and that part is way too obvious to be a retcon), though that's definitely the second, glass-cockpit version of the MK2 from the show and not a new one in the interior shots. My top two guesses for the discrepancy is that they had the live-action glass-cockpit MK2 set, and they needed to match it for the CG shots of the interior, or they decided that since the old CG cockpit was built to stand up to close ups by definition, it was good enough to keep, but they decided to make a new CG exterior because it was also replacing the full-size prop, so it would need to stand up to very close-up shots with actors walking around it and climbing into it.