Author Topic: How in-line with canon will Diaspora continue to be?  (Read 7530 times)

Re: How in-line with canon will Diaspora continue to be?
Oh there is many a way that you could get a some sort of military vessel past the cylons. First, remeber that most of the colonial fleet was stationed at one dock. Which makes no sense, but lets go with it.

where was that shown?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It wasn't. He's probably referring to the opening of Razor, where the Tauron shipyards were destroyed with quite a few Battlestars in dock.

It is important to remember that the Cylons started the war with overwhelming strategic and tactical surprise. It's Pearl Harbor times a thousand; and it would have been impossible for the Colonials to have their fleet in a position to react against an enemy that knows where each and every one of their capital ships are and who have a convenient off-switch for all of them.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

It wasn't. He's probably referring to the opening of Razor, where the Tauron shipyards were destroyed with quite a few Battlestars in dock.

There were three battlestars at Scorpia (maybe six, if you're picky about positioning and the presence of rollbars, but given that Cain said there were only two, lets stick with the lower number). Adama told Starbuck in the miniseries that thirty-odd battlestars had been wiped out in the Cylons initial attack (and her reaction of "that's a quarter of the fleet!" gives us the 120-battlestar number for the Colonial Navy during the attack). So not only was most of the fleet not at one shipyard, most of the ships initially destroyed weren't, either.

Offline newman

So that actually disproves what you initially said, which is

First, remeber that most of the colonial fleet was stationed at one dock. Which makes no sense, but lets go with it.

This is not compatible with

So not only was most of the fleet not at one shipyard, most of the ships initially destroyed weren't, either.

So, which is it? :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
But those are different people!

Unless... my dark secret identity has been revealed!

(It hasn't. I just wanted to specify exactly how that thing about everyone being at one shipyard was inaccurate.)

Offline newman

Oops. My mistake.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Simply give me BIG hopeless battles and I am content.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Battle of Endor Syndrome much ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

a recreation of the Fall of the Colonies with the CNP installed? it's going to be a short-lived battle!!  :)
Phasers?!?!?  We don't need no frakking phasers!

Offline Aesaar

April 1st release.