Author Topic: BSG DIASPORA website  (Read 3085 times)

SEE UPDATE BELOW

Hello everyone,

I'm new here since I recently discovered Diaspora--and BSG for that matter.
First things first, I just want to say thank you for the work done by the Diaspora Development team.
I rarely enjoyed a game as much since... too long.

Now, I took the time to do a little web site.
Nothing special--I don't expect much from it--though I just want to make sure I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here.
For example, I took the liberty to make a printable PDF of Aether’s Guide for Nuggets which I found to be brilliant.

If things were to go the way I planned them, official releases, 3rd party missions, mods and campaigns will be reviewed there.
Accordingly, motivated contributors will be welcome.

UPDATE///START

> Squadrons

3 active squadrons are now available to join on the web site -- others might be added later on.
Pilots can join a Squadron by clicking on their respective patch and filling the form for an assignment request. Note that, so far, transfers are not allowed.

> Events

The idea is to host a multiplayer game once a week (day to be determined). I'll cross-post this in the multiplayer forum.
I should be able to host a server but this is to be confirmed.

> That's it so far. I hope it'll trigger some interest.

UPDATE///END

As of now, feedback are welcome.

http://bsgdiaspora.wordpress.com/

Thanks for reading,
"Bushwhacker"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:35:38 pm by bushwhacker »

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Well, Disapora already has an official website, but there's nothing wrong with unofficial fanblogs as far as I'm aware. The more the merrier (unless you're spewing negativity or disinformation, of course.) Your page looks to be useful when the modding community launches, since I highly doubt that the official site would spend a lot of time reviewing mods for the game.

For the record, the website for Diaspora is this:

http://diaspora.hard-light.net/

Thanks for the feedback.

I added Diaspora's official site under its first mention in the review.
Other links point here though (like the ones from the official site), for the reader's convenience.

I must say that after I chose the name, I thought it might be too close from the official one. Then again, difficult not to for a fanblog.

Regardless, changing the name is something easily done in case I get a request by the devs as WordPress allows transfers.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 03:55:28 am by bushwhacker »

Update posted - see original post.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:34:53 pm by bushwhacker »

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
FreeSpace Open is not technically open source. Its source code is publicly available for non-commercial use. The distinction is historically important since it has been problematic to implement some features that have actual/stricter open source licenses.

Whoops. I was thinking free software. Big derp.

FreeSpace Open is not technically open source. Its source code is publicly available for non-commercial use. The distinction is historically important since it has been problematic to implement some features that have actual/stricter open source licenses.

Whoops. I was thinking free software. Big derp.

?