Author Topic: Running the game  (Read 1852 times)

hello,
I recently restored and old dell laptop i have and I wanted to know if I would be able to play Diaspora on it. it is a Dell Inspiron E 1505 with windows XP Operating System on it. and 504MB of ram on it.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Depends on what video card the laptop has. If it is running Intel, you shouldn't bother. If it has NVIDIA or ATI/AMD, then chances are you can run the game.

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
A quick google shows that the "GPU" on the E 1505, if you can call it that, is a Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950.

I would think that the answer is a no since the GMA chip on that machine isn't exactly known for good 3D performance.

You can still try it, but I would be surprised if it was much more than a slide show.

Reference: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2827
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
If you do try it, there are sine command line options you will need and some vp files to remove. Ask here if you want to try anyways and someone will tell you what they are.