Author Topic: A WoD dev blog  (Read 99089 times)

Well I'm sure helpless at FREDD-ing, so us mortals have to help when we can. :P

Offline Spoon

• ♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ 淫画
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

:lol:

The joy when all ships are placed...
than spending hours on a single event...

Offline QuakeIV

Im semi decent at fredding, would you be willing to send me a simple made up task for me to do to show you that i could be useful?

Offline JSRNerdo

• The☆FREDer
:lol:

The joy when all ships are placed...
than spending hours on a single event...

Welcome to my life.
AKA [`_`]
Inferno: It's the I in Inferno / It's the beam spam delight / Risin' up to a shock jump arrivaaaaaal
Between The Ashes: Look just a really cool and neat thing, OK?
The Last Stand: A very episodic capship command mini-campaign
Breakthrough: A pretty standard but not really capship command mission

Im semi decent at fredding, would you be willing to send me a simple made up task for me to do to show you that i could be useful?

Wat kind of question is that

Offline Spoon

• ♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ 淫画
I appreciate the offer to help, but when it comes to Fred things I'm not currently looking for additional help. Delegating missions and such to others is tricky (to me) for a bunch of reasons. Plus the majority of episode 2's missions are done at this point and the ones that still need making, are missions I'd really have to do myself regardless.

(What I'll need soonish™ are playtesters though, and I do think that having FRED experience helps with that)
Urutorahappī!!

Offline QuakeIV

I'd be down for that.

Well, at least you can consider yourself fortunate to not be in the boat the poor guy developing Yandare Simulator is. :lol: Practically worked himself to death.

Offline Spoon

• ♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ 淫画
I always find yanderedev's vids interesting, not because I am in particular interested in the game, but because his vids are just very relatable game development things. He has the additional pressure of having build an absurdly large audience though.
Urutorahappī!!

The major difference of course being that you're actually competent in your field and have successfully seen multiple large-scale projects to completion and are capable of working together with other people. I have plenty of confidence that the next chapter of WoD will be released, and I have 0 confidence that yandere sim will ever see the light of something even remotely functional. I mean, have you seen the screenshots of the code he's written?

Offline Spoon

• ♪ ♬ ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ ♬ 淫画
The major difference of course being that you're actually competent in your field and have successfully seen multiple large-scale projects to completion and are capable of working together with other people. I have plenty of confidence that the next chapter of WoD will be released, and I have 0 confidence that yandere sim will ever see the light of something even remotely functional. I mean, have you seen the screenshots of the code he's written?

(I'm not a coder myself, I wouldn't know what is bad or good code)
Urutorahappī!!

Well then tell Yanderedev that there's a forum called HLP, that hosts an engine that's better than anything he could archieve (even if it'd VN wise), with people that know how to get things done.