Poll

What should we focus on in our interviews?

The person - their hobbies, interests, goals etc.
3 (11.1%)
Specific Freespace stuff - The majo things they do in the Freespace community (Eg. Campaign leaders to their campaigns)
4 (14.8%)
Broadrange Freespace - Give some space to their main projects, but ask about everything they do.
5 (18.5%)
Even balance - Try to fit a balance of everything in.
15 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: December 24, 2002, 11:56:01 am

Author Topic: Interview Topics  (Read 6110 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Well, tell us what you want! You've seen various styles here on the forum, each with their own focii and main subjects. So what should we emphasize in our interviews to produce better results for you?

NB. Before you vote for Option four, keep in mind that by overdoing the 'balance' we risk heading into 'Jack of all trades, Master of none' territory, plus there is by neccesity a certain time limit to these things - often I do my interviews at 2 and 3 AM to try and get around time difference problems for example, which means I cant spend the next four hours exploring all the topics I might like to. Not saying Option 4 is a bad one, just reminding you that it's not neccesarily the best.

Any other ideas, please post in the thread.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2002, 11:59:03 am by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I think 2 or 3 .. some of these people have intresting lives ;)

Perhaps you could have a few interveiwers focus on one subject and a few on another...i.e FS and Real Life.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Knight Templar
Perhaps you could have a few interveiwers focus on one subject and a few on another...i.e FS and Real Life.

Take or leave it...damn, I like this idea.

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
basically, it does depend on the person, doesn´t it. eg, Steak for example will most likely be interviewed about rendering and RL, and very little about FS. Woomeister, for example will probably be interviewed about Inferno.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Borealis

• Resident Blonde
I don't mean to sound like a girl or anything (God forbid :rolleyes: ) but am I the only person here who thinks there is more to a person than his gaming interests and 1337 skillz? :p
In God we trust.  All others must show data.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by Stunaep

basically, it does depend on the person, doesn´t it. eg, Steak for example will most likely be interviewed about rendering and RL, and very little about FS. Woomeister, for example will probably be interviewed about Inferno.

But some of us wanna know if Woo prefers weaties or corn flakes goddamnit!

and I'd agree (and quote B, but IIRC she has weird color tags :p) but um.. wouldn't that make me a girl?
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Borealis
I don't mean to sound like a girl or anything (God forbid :rolleyes: ) but am I the only person here who thinks there is more to a person than his gaming interests and 1337 skillz? :p

Now that's the spirit

what? :nervous:

Offline Borealis

• Resident Blonde
besides, that's why I neatly separated the interview into Personal and FS/HLP sections so that those of you who are AI don't have to bother reading about that mere mortal stuff :wink:
In God we trust.  All others must show data.

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
i beleive whatever a person is, thats more important - because it'll affect where you go and how you react to the freespace2 community.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I went for option one. 2 and 3 are much more, how to put it, closer to the surface; they're the kind of things anyone could find out when talking to someone for a few minutes in this kind of community. Number 1, though, is deeper, is about the person themself; something that a lot of people won't get the opportunity to ever reach on their own, the sort of thing that would be more useful to put in a publication... like an interview. ;) Well, that's IMHO. :nod:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.