Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > FreeSpace Conversion

Hornet missiles absent in Exodus

(1/3) > >>

ralentor:
I'm enjoying my first playthrough of the Freespace 1 campaign using the Freespace Port Mission Upgrade pack and FSO 3.8.0, and I've run into what I think is a bug, although it's a minor one.  In the Weapon Selection screen prior to Exodus, the Hornet missile is supposed to be available because the mission briefing said so, but it's not.  My ship was not preloaded with them, and it's also missing from the secondary weapons list.  The Fury, Interceptor, and other missiles are there, but the Hornet is not.  Any ideas as to why?

Novachen:
That is indeed a good question.

I did not change anything in the Pool for the campaign missions and also i did not change any tech related events.

In the first check, both (original fsport and fsport-upgrade) versions of the mission have the same amount of Hornets in the Pool in "Exodus" aswell both of them have the same Tech-Events in "Doomsday" that make them usable in the campaign in the first place from the next mission onwards.

I will take a closer look, even i do not know why that happens, because Doomsday was one of the missions that is nearly identical to the FSPort version of this mission (except that the Lucifer jumps in instead of appearing out of nowhere)

ralentor:

--- Quote from: Novachen on April 23, 2018, 01:14:40 pm ---That is indeed a good question.

I did not change anything in the Pool for the campaign missions and also i did not change any tech related events.

In the first check, both (original fsport and fsport-upgrade) versions of the mission have the same amount of Hornets in the Pool in "Exodus" aswell both of them have the same Tech-Events in "Doomsday" that make them usable in the campaign in the first place from the next mission onwards.

I will take a closer look, even i do not know why that happens, because Doomsday was one of the missions that is nearly identical to the FSPort version of this mission (except that the Lucifer jumps in instead of appearing out of nowhere)

--- End quote ---
Thanks for taking a look.  Since I probably wouldn't use Hornets for this mission anyway, I'm going to continue the campaign unless Hornets are still not available for the following mission, or there is some reason to believe that my pilot file is corrupted.  I hope that's not the case, because I'm 2/3 of the way done with the campaign.

Novachen:
Mhh.. the first test with a shortened campaign file was negative. I was not able to reproduce this.

I cheated my way through Doomsday and got the Hornets and the Banshee for the next mission. The first secondary bank of my Hercules was also predefined with Hornets as they should, also the Banshee for the 2nd primary bank.

Do you have the Banshee available or is this one also missing?

ralentor:
Stuck at work right now, so I'll have to check that tonight when I get home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version