Author Topic: R1 By this summer?  (Read 26148 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Just to make it clear though, I suppose that does not mean that we'll get R1 this month.

As Torc pointed out, it does not. Basically different people get done with their jobs for Diaspora at different times. Newman's basically done all the model making he has assigned to him for R1 so apart from any tweaking or polishing he feels necessary he's free to start building things for R2.

This allows us to get a headstart on R2. One of the biggest delays we had with R1 was getting all the models to the point where the FREDders could start building missions with them. If Newman and other members of the art department can get us stuff ready the mission design department can go straight into building R2 as soon as they're finished with R1.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

That's the idea. Hope it pans out :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
...and once again if you're good at modeling/texturing and/or coding we could always use you. The best way to see Slayer's stuff done and out is to have more good people on the team :)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Y'know, after reading this thread, I think I finally understand what was thought of me when I first joined.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Does show how far you've come since then though Cobra. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]