Archived Boards > Alcibiades' Gamble

Alcibades' Gamble Reviews

<< < (3/9) > >>

Rodo:

--- Quote from: Enioch on March 09, 2009, 03:15:42 am ---
--- Quote from: Rodo on March 07, 2009, 04:11:29 pm ---
you'll find mission 6 even more challenging mueje... muejejejeje!

--- End quote ---

Can't play it. I finish mission 5 (with both cruisers' hulls at >50%) and the game freezes at Mission 6's loading screen.  :(

I'll run a debug build and try and find out what's going on....

--- End quote ---

happened to me also... it's a problem with the build, download the latest nighly build.

Androgeos Exeunt:
I played the demo a few days ago, and I thought it was quite good.

Snail says that it isn't as awesome as the likes of BP, PI and Derelict, and I'll agree. However, I would also like to mention that this is probably the first mod I've played in FS2_Open that only uses canon ships. BP uses a massive number of fanon ships taken from all over HLP and PI uses ships from INFR1, while Derelict uses a recoloured Knossos. From what I've seen in AG so far, every ship is from vanilla.

The only issue I might see comes in the form of three letters: NTV. Mobius is doing an alternate storyline of FS2 that, as far as I know, starts off at the beginning of the FS2 campaign. Even though AG and NTV are two separate mods, I don't think running parallel to the NTV timeline is a good idea.

tinfoil:
Why? Like you say, NTV is an alternate story. What we're going for is to tell our own story and to maybe fill in some canon gaps.

Droid803:
Hey, I'm on both, and I don't see at all how they clash.

NTV starts shortly before the beginning of the FS2 campaign.
That is where we end.

Snail:
The main issue I had with it was that it wasn't how I envisioned the beginning of the NTF. I saw it as a much more public event, more spontaneous and disorganized, rather than the conspiracy-like portrayal in AG.

I always thought of the NTF as starting off as a giant riot which used the GTVA's lack of immediate response to become a more organized military.

Also worth noting is that the GTVA only had 9 years of actual control in the galaxy: Before 2358, the Terran regional blocs were still in power. Until that time, the GTVA (and BETAC) was just a large trading agreement treaty. The GTVA wouldn't have been quite as relaxed at the time... The political climate, IMO, wasn't as peaceful as it was portrayed at the beginning of AG. (also, the fact that it described the first mission as a quiet patrol seemed to SCREAM at me the beginning of JAD2).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version