Author Topic: New ships  (Read 11413 times)

The site says that new ships are going to be included, and has links to pictures that no longer work. Canwe have some new pictures, or maybe even the models, maps, etc, if they're no longer going to be used?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
We're keeping all models and we may even use additional ones in the future so no, they won't be released. I can ensure you, however, that the models are pretty poor in terms of mesh complexity and need to be HTLed or, at least, to be brought to acceptable standards.

Sorry for the links, but I haven't touched the official(and old) NTV site at all. Don't take it as a reference because the new plans are pretty different. For instance, this subforum's description says that under Admiral Bosch the GTVA goes under - that's now what the new plans will be about as they'd focus instead on more plausible scenarios.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

can we still have pictures to have an idea of what they look like?

And i understand that you hadn't been on the site, the fact that there was no 'NTV reborn!'-type new message gave it away....

And on the site, is there someway you could keep the neet-o top interface that reacts to your mouse? i just find that cool. :p

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The campaign takes precedence over the site, IMO it'd be pathetic to spend time working on the site while leaving the campaign uncompleted.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

are you adding more stuff?

Civilian ships converted for NTF use?

New Reconstruction weapons?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I don't think so, NTV will be as much close to FS2 as possible, even in terms of ships.

The presence of in-game cutscenes is already too much for a regular FS2 style campaign so we're not going to exceed with the presence of new features. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

oh, ok. The only campaigns that seem to truly recreate the FS2 feel are PI, and sortof FoW (the characters bit means it can't truly be FS-ish) Oh, and most of the cold element campaigns (just found out what that means!)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
In NTV, however, there's a canon faction to deal with when planning the plot...we're not free to increase the NTF's power in radical ways.

You'll get the feeling that your faction will not be as well armed and equipped as the GTVA from the first mission.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I would think that the NTF's position compared to the GTVA would be if anything better in the beginning because they would be at technological parity, as opposed to near the end of the war when the GTVA had equipment like the Trebuchet, Harpoon, and Perseus.

Is NTV still using the Avenger? The Avenger is so much more powerful than the Subach HL-7 that I have no idea  why the Subach ever existed, and I noticed the old NTV used it.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

I still think there would be more weapons made inbetween the GW and the rebellion.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
The interbellum wasn't really that long. The United States is still fielding plenty of weapons dating from 1976.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Think about it: all the different ships in FS1 served different purposes. No ships truly replaced one another. In that time, 4 different weapons became available for the exact same purpose.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I would think that the NTF's position compared to the GTVA would be if anything better in the beginning because they would be at technological parity, as opposed to near the end of the war when the GTVA had equipment like the Trebuchet, Harpoon, and Perseus.

Alright for the Perseus but what about the Harpoon and the Trebuchet? They're issues to the player later in campaign, it doesn't mean these weapons were brand new ones.
The Lightblue Ribbon

I think the harpoon is a fairly standard weapon by the time the NTF war begins. Trebuchet, on the other hand, was probably emergency-deployed to capella.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Think about it: all the different ships in FS1 served different purposes. No ships truly replaced one another. In that time, 4 different weapons became available for the exact same purpose.

Well, being confronted by a technologically superior enemy with nearly invincible fighters tends to spur weapon developments a bit more than shooting pirates and secessionists, don't you think?

--General Battuta

Offline eliex

Well, being confronted by a technologically superior enemy with nearly invincible fighters tends to spur weapon developments a bit more than shooting pirates and secessionists, don't you think?

Pretty much, not to mention the possible extinction of your own race.