Author Topic: Neo-Terra Victorious will remain here on HLP!  (Read 31696 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Neo-Terra Victorious will remain here on HLP!
Hi there... ;)

It's been decided to move NTV to Game-Warden. I'm waiting for a reply to my project hosting request and I really have to say that I have great hopes on this one.

I know this may seem a weird move due to the fact that GW is not as active as HLP, but Game-Warden is a handy site I really want to support by bringing more life to it.

Also, don't forget to check out NTV's profile on ModDB. NTV's website here on HLP is outdated so the mod profile is the only source providing updates regarding the renewed project, such as my choice of making it compatible with Sushi's velocity mod.  :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:58:50 am by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Neo-Terra Victorious is moving to Game-Warden!
Maybe now we'll get more cover for Game Warden.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's been decided to move NTV to Game-Warden.

Let me translate: you decided, without consulting any of the team members, to move to Game Warden as a result of your personal humiliation on HLP?

I'm waiting for a reply to my project hosting request and I really have to say that I have great hopes on this one.

You mean the PM you sent out with the paragraph of apology and then eleven paragraphs of demands?

Funny how you continue to act like you're something more than a community member.

I know this may seem a weird move due to the fact that GW is not as active as HLP, but Game-Warden is a handy site I really want to support by bringing more life to it.

Doesn't seem weird to me. Since your power grabs have been blocked at every turn on HLP you want to find a more permissive environment.

Also, don't forget to check out NTV's profile on ModDB. NTV's website here on HLP is outdated so the mod profile is the only source providing updates regarding the renewed project, such as my choice of making it compatible with Sushi's velocity mod.  :)[/color]

I thought you made a big deal out of your 'release, then promote' philosophy.

Good luck.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Maybe now we'll get more cover for Game Warden.

Of course, that's what I'd like to happen.

Before you ask, the team has been informed about the move. The only team member I haven't heard from is Galemp. Someone might say something like "What? You're moving without informing the project leader?!?" but since he decided to assign the role of leader to me and preferred to assist us as supervisor (I insisted on telling him that he should be more important than me in the hierarchy, though) I thought that informing him would be enough. In any case, I know what I'm doing so GW will be hopefully hosting us. :)

EDIT:

Oh well, looks like Battuta posted before me.

Let me translate: you decided, without consulting any of the team members, to move to Game Warden as a result of your personal humiliation on HLP?

I'm waiting for a reply to my project hosting request and I really have to say that I have great hopes on this one.

You mean the PM you sent out with the paragraph of apology and then eleven paragraphs of demands?

Funny how you continue to act like you're something more than a community member.

I have been considering GW hosting for a while, so I have to disagree with what you posted there.

About the PM I sent to both the admins and the global moderators: I'm pretty sure I specified that the move is not intended to hurt HLP. It's an act of support towards Game Warden, and that's the only correct interpretation.

Doesn't seem weird to me. Since your power grabs have been blocked at every turn on HLP you want to find a more permissive environment.

Permissive environment? For what? GW is a moderated site, just like HLP.

Also, don't forget to check out NTV's profile on ModDB. NTV's website here on HLP is outdated so the mod profile is the only source providing updates regarding the renewed project, such as my choice of making it compatible with Sushi's velocity mod.  :)[/color]

I thought you made a big deal out of your 'release, then promote' philosophy.

Let me quote the personal message I sent to you:

Speaking of NTV, the only real advantage of HLP hosting is getting a lot of attention before the release of a mod or campaign. That advantage doesn't even match my philosophy on modding: "Attention comes after the release". I post screenshots and descriptions of my work on ModDB, only, and I've started doing that at encouraging rates only a few days ago. The results are promising and I intend to carry on.

As I said, I do that only on ModDB. I may start doing it on GW as well if necessary.

Good luck.

Thanks.  :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Moving from HLP to Game-Warden is almost the same as trading an F-22 Raptor for a... Su-24.

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
Best of luck :)
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I think going to GW will not help the site, people just don't talk there anymore and I don't know why it just doesn't attract people.

Your intention is good, but will do nothing to help the site, you will post your updates there and after a couple of hours without response you'll find yourself posting the exact same thing over here in HLP waiting for some feedback/appreciation/encourage/and so on.

Even so, I wish you the best of luck, this project will definitely see the light of life sometime in the future, no mater where is it hosted.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'm well aware of that, and I intend to do something about it.

Also, you need to take into account that Earth Defense will bring a lot of activity to GW. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Also, you need to take into account that Earth Defense will bring a lot of activity to GW. :)
In theory, that's right. In practice... Meeeh.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, the hosting request just got denied, so I guess this isn't happening.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Meh. What now?

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Well, the hosting request just got denied, so I guess this isn't happening.

Oh, yeah, of course it got denied... Do you even have a reason for denying it?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I don't have anything to do with it. Kara laid out all the reasons over on GW.

I'm just an HLP mod, I don't know anything about GW.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I don't go to GW, but the answer is essentially this:

MatthewPapa runs GamesWarden. MatthewPapa is not around lately, Kara was not given the authority to start handing out MP's FTP space, so until word can be got from MP, Kara can't really presume to be allowed to make space available.

Secondly, I'd very much like to hear from Galemp about this, since he is still listed as head of the Mod, so if something as major as a transfer of an entire project from one Forum to another is to take place, that really strikes me as something that the project head should be taking care of, I know that would certainly help in the decision-making process.

Edit: And if he is no longer the head, then he needs to inform administration himself.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:52:20 pm by Flipside »

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
If NTV is transferred, then is if completely removed from HLP?
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
NTV isn't transferred. The hosting request was turned down.

In any case, from what I know, the HLP admins want to hear from Galemp in order to clarify who's actually project lead right now. Mobius claims he's been designated lead (which I believe) but there's some confusion that needs to be sorted out.

Edited the first subject line to avoid that confusion, but you can feel free to change it back if you want, Mobius.

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
Re: Neo-Terra Victorious is (not) moving to Game-Warden!
NTV isn't transferred. The hosting request was turned down.
Ok. I saw the post for it, but if it was accepted, I was only curious to know if it would be moved from HL all together. Thanks. :)
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I would suspect that, if it goes, it goes, like Shadows of Lylat, although that was started on Game Warden, but nonetheless, other than announcements it has no physical presence on HLP, same thing would apply to NTV.

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
Ok. Thanks for the info. :)
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I don't go to GW, but the answer is essentially this:

MatthewPapa runs GamesWarden. MatthewPapa is not around lately, Kara was not given the authority to start handing out MP's FTP space, so until word can be got from MP, Kara can't really presume to be allowed to make space available.

Secondly, I'd very much like to hear from Galemp about this, since he is still listed as head of the Mod, so if something as major as a transfer of an entire project from one Forum to another is to take place, that really strikes me as something that the project head should be taking care of, I know that would certainly help in the decision-making process.

Edit: And if he is no longer the head, then he needs to inform administration himself.

Good point here, IMO. :)

To be honest, I did not expect this kind of development - I'm not refering to Karajorma denying my request, but rather to the fact that HLP's administrationship interpreted mine as an unthinkable action: a second in command is not authorized to ask for such a radical change. I simply did not know that the admins were unaware of the change in hierarchies and thought that I proposed the move without asking Galemp first. Had not been for General Battuta, I would have never discovered this misunderstanding.

I can ensure you all that Galemp gave me the privilege of being NTV's leader. As I said before, I wanted him to be the leader but he rather preferred to assign that role to me. He can't be blamed for that, he has many WIPs to work on. I hope to hear from him ASAP so that he can sort things out. He remained in full charge of NTV until he found a "successor", but for obvious reasons he kept his mod powers on this board and effectively giving the impression of being NTV's project leader.

The admins can check the internal boards and verify that, for example, I have been writing the new storyline and creating the new modpack since my promotion: those tasks are usually up to a project leader. The admins can verify that now without hearing from Galemp, the evidence is quite obvious.

Also, unless you haven't noticed it, I realized how disruptive I am so I chose to move away (to some extent). All I need here on HLP is the permission to send PMs and post on both the INF and FSCRP forums. Other than that, I don't intend to bring any more problems and cause disruption. That's why I asked the admins to remove my moderation powers both here and on the FSCRP forum, and that's also why I won't be having moderation powers on the INF forum (Woomeister asked me if I wanted to become INF's second moderator due to my efforts for the project and the fact that SadisticSid is not active... under these circumstances, however, I can all but refuse his proposal).

For the time being, I will come to HLP only for reasons that are strictly related to the progress of the projects I work on. I might send a few PMs here and there (Happy Birthday PMs anyone?  :D), but I surely won't partecipate to public discussions as I did before. I'm serious in saying this.

I'd like, however, to have NTV moved elsewhere and limit my business on HLP to the FSCRP and INF, only. It's the only project I'm in charge of here, so I think I can ask for a move. I don't see why the very same people who want me out of there are also preventing me from moving a single project.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:15:20 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon