Archived Boards > Mjn.Mixael's Render Boutique

Some interface assistance

(1/2) > >>

BirdofPrey:
I figured you'd be the guy to talk to for this.
I am working on redoing the FS1 interface for widescreen support and have made some progress, but there are a couple of items that I am a bit uncertain what to do about and want to avoid duplicating work.

I started on the command briefing screen so I could be sure the briefing anis would fit (they do, yay).  I have the basic frames and unlit buttons done.
I still have to do the text and the fine details (there are what look like wire traces leading to the buttons, and the frame appears to be a rough texture.  I also need to do the background and get the GTA banner up which is where I need some help.

I think somone already has a FS1 era banner since the banner in FS:Port has a different insignia than the stock FS2.
I am also wondering if anyone either has a reasonable fascimile of the interface background or at least knows a good way to generate (in GIMP) a new one that matches.

Right now it's 1920x1200 but I've made it so I can crop it to 1920x1080 easily to cover both aspect ratios without too much extra work.
Once the base frame is done, I can add button light-up and the fade in animation (iirc, the main frame fades in and the buttons at the bottom right slide into place from off screen edit: so after checking apparently only the mission briefing has an animation for fade in).  After I can work on mission briefing and loadout screens where I should be able to reuse the background.

Here's what I have done so far

a cut and paste mockup of where stuff's supposed to go

and what I am trying to recreate

Any help you may be able to give with this?
Also I know the color matching is a bit off at this point.  I started with something workable first, accuracy is for later.

mjn.mixael:
I do have all the assets you would need... However, FSO does not currently support hi-res interface files. You can do 640x480 or 1024x768. Before this project becomes worth anything, you'll to convince some coder to basically overhaul the interface code... That's something that has been talked about for a long time but hasn't gone anywhere because that's a big project.

BirdofPrey:
Ah well crap.
Guess I'll just save the project file for later.  Filed under "Eventually *shrug*

AdmiralRalwood:
You don't necessarily have to stop working on it; having assets already made would make it a lot easier to convince a coder to work on overhauling the interface code.

mjn.mixael:
It's more complicated than that, though. Every time it comes up, there's a debate about what format to use? Extend the current system? HTML5? Table based? So then, how do you split up your assets? I suppose he could just draw everything in vector and then wait for some unknown time that it could be used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version