Author Topic: A Question about the NTF  (Read 5515 times)

Offline Abyss

A Question about the NTF
I'm working on a mission where you fight against the NTF and am wondering what ships the NTF commonly used?

Re: A Question about the NTF
Mk1s, Lokis, Zeus, Medusa, MK2s later in the campaign, Myrms.

Hmmm...

Orions/Aeolus/Fenris/Leviathan/Deimos.

I've seen some missions with Perseus on their side too, not sure about the rest.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Abyss

Thank you, you helped me a lot.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, the NTF does not have a lot (if any) modern fighters.

Oh, and Abyss: Check out the wiki
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Snail

• SC 5
THE NTF DO NOT USE PERSEUS.

The Perseus first combat op was during Enif Station. Unless the NTF had an advanced batch, I doubt they'd have any large numbers of Perseus that late in the campaign (less than a month before their eventual downfall).

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Just because they're more commonly used doesn't mean "only" obviously. Feel free to use what ships you feel gives a better mission.

Ships like Erinyes or Pegasus would be super odd, but others could be explained fairly well.

This isn't a crap on everyone else, they're all correct. Just a reminder is all.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer

The Perseus first combat op was during Enif Station. Unless the NTF had an advanced batch, I doubt they'd have any large numbers of Perseus that late in the campaign (less than a month before their eventual downfall).

My FS history is slightly hazy, was it the first use of the Perseus period or simply the first use by Alpha 1? I know it has a first known use, I'm just not sure if that it the first use ever? Again, kinda hazy.

Offline Abyss

Ships like Erinyes or Pegasus would be super odd, but others could be explained fairly well.

Thanks, you just gave me an idea for a later mission.

Offline Asakura

Capitals include Orions, Deimos, Aeolus, Fenris. I do not remember them fielding too many Leviathans, if any at all. It should be noted that Fenrises would likely be a lot more common based on cost and speed as NTF fights guerrilla largely.

Fighters would most commonly be the old Hercs, Ulysses and Lokis. They have fielded more "advanced" ones such as Herc.II and Myrmidon but that is about it.

Bomber-wise Zeus and Medusas.

Other ships I would NOT expect them to field includes Charybdis and Triton, nor would I expect them to have any Mjolnirs to field. Would be a fair guess that they will not have the Zephyrus miner either as it was developed later and the NTF as a whole had little business with the nebulae.

About the Perseus, one or some of those multiplayer allows you to fly it as the NTF. However, by canon I would say they do not have it because it is still largely a new design, and even if The Sixth Wonder was not the first fielding of the ship I would not expect NTF to have the schematics.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer

Thanks, you just gave me an idea for a later mission.

I must stress the "super" in my statement

Offline Snail

• SC 5

My FS history is slightly hazy, was it the first use of the Perseus period or simply the first use by Alpha 1? I know it has a first known use, I'm just not sure if that it the first use ever? Again, kinda hazy.
Allied forces are engaging the rebels throughout the system. As resources become available, they will be deployed to assist you. Until we get these reinforcements, however, holding down the fort is all up to you. This sortie will be the first combat field test of the Perseus intercept fighter, so let's put on a good show.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Well there you go, it would only be after Enif Station really

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The NTF fields mainly FS1-era fighters and bombers, but occasionally Myrmidons and Herc IIs are used. Capital ships are fair game, with the exception of the Hecate.

As far as support craft go, the Charybdis is a no-no. We don't see them using any Zephyrs or Hippocrates, but that doesn't mean they don't have them.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Asakura

The NTF fields mainly FS1-era fighters and bombers, but occasionally Myrmidons and Herc IIs are used. Capital ships are fair game, with the exception of the Hecate.

As far as support craft go, the Charybdis is a no-no. We don't see them using any Zephyrs or Hippocrates, but that doesn't mean they don't have them.

The GTM is pre-NTF insurgency, but I am doubtful about the Zephyrus. In the briefing Zephyrus was only deployed alongside the Charybdis when the Nebula campaign started after SOC loop1. NTF also has no known nebula operations, except for all things ETAK-related, so I doubt they were mining the gas clouds either.

EDIT: It should also be key to remember that NTF was crushed soon after the Nebula campaign began. Bosch got where he wanted and the NTF is of no use to him anymore. GTVA has also overwhelmed and recaptured all the systems that NTF once controlled. The NTF is unliekly to field any new technology introduced during the campaign.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 02:55:39 pm by Asakura »

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I think an idea for a campaign is the NTF somehow getting their hands on the Collie

Hijacking it or whatnot, then using it against

Unless this has already been done... but see I can't use FS_open so I don't know what's been done or has not
"No"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
An NTF collie.... That makes me smile.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Asakura

I think an idea for a campaign is the NTF somehow getting their hands on the Collie

Hijacking it or whatnot, then using it against

Unless this has already been done... but see I can't use FS_open so I don't know what's been done or has not

Realistically impossible. Collie is manned by tens of thousands of Terran and Vasudan crew. NTF managed to slip in saboteurs to down the Collie's FCS while the Iceni slipped through, but I doubt they would have the resources to do any more.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Bosch beer anaesthetic?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
An attempt to steal the Big C?

Offline Kie99

It'd be an extremely massive operation requiring numerous NTF-sympathisers on the Colossus, massive firepower and enormous numbers of marines.  Not impossible, just extraordinarily risky.  I suppose you could do it by holding the Captain's family hostage and sabotaging the Colossus's communication systems.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"