Author Topic: The Hard Light Productions Installation  (Read 121454 times)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: The Hard Light Productions Installation
Some minor consistancy issues:

• There should be no upper bound on the elevators yet.
  • Floors should be evenly spaced.
  • Ductwork/pipes/whatever should be consistantly between every floor, so when doing multilevel tiles size them accordingly.
  • As funny as floor -1/2 is, it's going to play hell with spacing if we continue off to the right.  Put empty decks in there or just skip numbers.

I'll fix the current version and upload it in a second.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Can someone extend this whole thing massively by about 300% in both directions with blank space + turbolift shafts? Give us some framework to work in?
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline knn

StratComm, add an0n's Generator 2 while you're at it
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
And someone add the welcome+birthday beams!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy

Sorry, have places to be at the moment.  The basic framework is there for expansion up; I put in elevator guides down but haven't filled in anything there.  Oh, and I'm about to just give up on everything between 1 and -1, as it's already too much of a mess to do much else with.  And someone fix the height on the alternate SCP entrance; it's way too tall and just tacked on right now.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

It did
I'll fix it and post it as soon as Jetmech posts his bit in PNG

This could be a while. I might not have access to the correct comp for a few hours. Worste case, I won't be able to use it for 17 hours (2:30PM here, iow)
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i wonder if there is a way to create a script or something that would show all the cells and if you click on an empty one it prompts you to upload an image. then fill in all the unused space with generic corradors with a space for rent sign on it.  also you could set it up to force resolutions so that everything ligns up better. essentally automate the  whole thing and integrate it into its own corner of hlp.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Herra can you rework the Sobek hangar?
Basically replace the Sobek with anything as long as it's in paint. It's the only bit that doesn't mesh well with the rest at the moment.

I am currently working on my greatest endeavour yet. :drevil:

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
[/li][li]As funny as floor -1/2 is, it's going to play hell with spacing if we continue off to the right.  Put empty decks in there or just skip numbers.[/li][/list]

It's just floor 1/2. :p
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Sheepy

• Raises Hell
  • Mac User
a wip ...

*snip*
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 10:55:58 am by Sheepy »
Kiss my Fluffy White Ass!

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Awesome.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Herra can you rework the Sobek hangar?
Basically replace the Sobek with anything as long as it's in paint. It's the only bit that doesn't mesh well with the rest at the moment.

I am currently working on my greatest endeavour yet. :drevil:

you should make the exterior of the Sobek as-is, and change the bit poking through the wall to be in paint-stylee :D

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
I just realized that the map reminds me a lot of metroid fusion.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I'm thinking Sheepy's thing be on top of a tall tower at the very pinicle of the station, ala that tower on the Death Star II.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I just realized that the map reminds me a lot of metroid fusion.

Ha. I'd been thinking the same thing.

Offline Martinus

• Aka Maeglamor
    • Hard Light Productions
Well I'm away climbing in Scotland until next Thursday so I'll have to finish this one later.

I present you all with 'The Fight for Freespace'. :D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
:lol::wtf:
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
Ok, I did one more edit so anyone working off the last update I posted should update to my current revision.  I did add something, but more importantly I fixed some spacing issues on the floors that I missed before and shoehorned the generators (fusion and Hampster) into even deck divisions, more or less.  I'll let you figure out what I added.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Added another room, complete with force fields, keypad, and a retina scanner. Also added a catwalk and ladder to the 2nd generator room.

I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
If I had any skill at all in Paint, I'd definitely help out.. but as it is, I'll just make a suggestion: how about some crew(member) quarters? I didn't see those get put up yet.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance