Author Topic: Hi, I'm new here  (Read 2348 times)

Offline deloco

• Twitter
    • My Blog
Hi there,
I'm J.D. from germany and new to Freespace 2 Open.
I Actually never have played FS2, only Descent Freespace, back in the day…
Now I was looking for a nice Space-Game and stumbled upon Freespace2.
Bought it on GOG, installed it via Knossos on my MacBook, but sadly, it doesn't start til now. Just shows a "FSO is starting…"-Message for a second there and then nothing happens, so I'm in the middle of trobleshooting…

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
:welcomered:

Hi bud.  Welkommen, once you get it working (ask if you need help) I suggest starting with the freespace port so you can experience the full story from the start.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Hi there,
I'm J.D. from germany and new to Freespace 2 Open.
I Actually never have played FS2, only Descent Freespace, back in the day…
Now I was looking for a nice Space-Game and stumbled upon Freespace2.
Bought it on GOG, installed it via Knossos on my MacBook, but sadly, it doesn't start til now. Just shows a "FSO is starting…"-Message for a second there and then nothing happens, so I'm in the middle of trobleshooting…

Welcome! Hmm if it isn't working feel free to join our Discord channel and ask there, as that usually gets responses relatively quickly. One reason that can cause that issue is if you have a joystick plugged in... If some try unplugging the joystick, restarting the computer, and then running Knossos without plugging in the joystick.

Some more people from Germany~

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Knossos might be kind of buggy on macOS right now since we don't have as many mac users as Windows and Linux users.
Something you should try: Go to Knossos' settings, set your preferred stability to nightly and then update FSO from the Home or Explore tab. Then try launching the MediaVPs.

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Some more people from Germany~

So maybe people who are actually playing my translation mods, so that i can get feedback after two three years finally :lol:

Welcome.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline deloco

• Twitter
    • My Blog
Nice welcome here.
Thanks for the answers.
I tried the Joystcik-thing, because I had one connected. Still doesn‘t work, but now I get an errormessage that says: „Starting /Users/…/FS2/…/fs2_open_3_8_1_20190115_08faf52_x64.add/..…. Failed! (Return code: -6).
Maybe I‘ll have look onto the discord-server, but maybe I‘ll find a solution in the forum.
Maybe I have some time for that tomorrow.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
That's progress at least. -6 means that FSO killed itself with abort().  Can you please launch a Fast Debug build and upload the log? Go to the Home tab, hover over the mod (MediaVPs in this case), click on the little arrow in the bottom-right corner, click "Launch Fast Debug". Wait until it exits with the previous error message and click "Upload Log" from the same menu. Finally, post the link it shows here.