Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613794 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Re: What are you playing right now?
Don't forget charge-torpedo bonuses! (Such as if you torp two baddies, you get a Hit +1 bonus.)

This
It makes every medal so easy to obtain when you remember this

Honestly, the hardest medal one for me was Aquas.

I personally have got my PS3 controller perpetually attached to my computer for the exact reason for emulators and games in general. I would never touch a K/M on Project 64.
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Wrapped up in the world of GTA 3.  Ashamedly, this is the first time I've even touched the series.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
So I offer my official recommendation on Tomb Raider 2013, way late.

Though there is one thing. Specifically, WHERE THE **** DID THE FUSO/ISE-CLASS BATTLESHIP COME FROM.

After that point if I'd found the remains of a Space Shuttle or Cherno Alpha, I don't think you could have gotten much more of a reaction out of me.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
For the past two days I've been playing 0 A.D., which is basically a reimplementation of Age of Empires II.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Went back to playing Tyrian 2000 and I'm loving it! :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

legend
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
I'm playing so many games off and on right now, it's ridiculous. My main focus right now is on Persona 3 though, which I finally picked back up after putting down for a couple of months. I reached an extremely difficult boss and realized that I needed to grind for a few hours to even have a chance at beating it. I finally did the grinding, and it did indeed take a few hours, but I did beat the boss and have moved on. Unfortunately, I maxed out the Fuuka social link and ended that story :( Now unto dating Yukari.

I'm also playing Resident Evil (GC) with my friend, Resident Evil 2 by myself, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Final Fantasy X and Zelda: A Link to the Past. And as always, Super Smash Brothers with numerous friends!

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i'm back to playing kane's wrath skirmishes.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
i'm back to playing kane's wrath skirmishes.

Are the new C&C games any good? I haven't heard much praise for the series since Westwood closed down.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin

Thanks, now I had to dig up my installer and play it. >.>

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Are the new C&C games any good? I haven't heard much praise for the series since Westwood closed down.

3's pretty decent, Tiberian Twilight is kinda bad, RA3 is intentionally going for that "this is awesome because it's a B-movie and they know it" feel and it succeeds.

A Feddie Story

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein

3's pretty decent, Tiberian Twilight is kinda bad, RA3 is intentionally going for that "this is awesome because it's a B-movie and they know it" feel and it succeeds.

Did they really remove base-building and resource collecting from Tiberian Twilight? What could EA have been thinking?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i enjoy 3 and its expansion a lot.  generals also, but most people would disagree with me there.  4 is outright terrible.  i pirated it, played the tutorial and one and a half missions, then deleted it.  it's so bad it's not even worth it for free.  i couldn't ever get into RA 3.  i got the demo and never even finished that.  i understand it was intentional, but it's just too goddamn cheesy.  i didn't like the cartoon graphics either.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Did they really remove base-building and resource collecting from Tiberian Twilight? What could EA have been thinking?

I honestly cannot remember.

Seriously I've got no memory of the game beyond "wow what the **** happened here, 3 was fun". It's very like I've intentionally forgotten how bad it was.

A Feddie Story

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Twilight: Horrible Story; Incredibly late attempt at "innovating" by taking away EVERYTHING that made the franchise fun; You have to unlock your units with XP, ONLINE be it for On or Off-line play. Yeah, It's horrible. Not even Joseph D. Kucan could save that piece of cyberjunk.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
in a nutshell, 4 was you pick a type of "base,"  offensive, defensive, or special teams.  you have a certain amount of "points" based on XP.  you "buy" units with those points, and can never have more than a certain amount at any time.  and when your units die, those points are freed up and you just "buy" the unit again.  the same applies for the enemy.  and if you manage to take out their MCV type thing?  they just get a new one. 

but at least they learned from this and generals 2 is back to the standard CnC gameplay.

.... oh wait.  browser game and micro transactions.  yeah, that's going to be fun.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
It's almost as if big game publishers don't think PC games are profitable anymore. Or even niche console games for that matter.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
it's not so much PC games aren't profitable as casual/"social" games are just that much MORE profitable.  and consumers are generally ****wits and will dump insane amounts of money, sometimes hundreds or even thousands of dollars, into micro transactions, especially in "pay to win" style games.

no seriously.  back when i played combat arms and sometimes went by the forum to leave "feedback" for (read: ***** at) the devs, i saw at least one person brag about having spent over $1000 on the game.  there was a ranking system that i believe gave you "gold" status for having spent i think $100, and an exclusive server to play in.  it was always full.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
There's a Lost Planet 3.

what in the everloving frak

A Feddie Story

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!