Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617186 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: What are you playing right now?
Stand back, I'm firing up the XCOM Let's Play again sometime this week.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Somebody post good screens from that cat drugs crazy Total Destruction match.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Definitely.  I'll go combing through that replay.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter

Hooray!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Will post screenies after work, predominantly from the Redfor side.  Strongly encourage Blufor thoughts and screens.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft

Hooray!

:yes: :yes:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
SCREENSHOT TIME

In which the game begins on an already hilarious note.

Unleash the rockets (part 1) (part 2, in which the lead vehicle ****s its collective pants) (part 3) (part 4) (part 5, in which it becomes apparent that we really like rockets)

The tragic demise of the T-55mob (part 1) (part 2)

In which I ignore the stated design purpose of AA guns

More Rockets (part 6)

MOAR ROCKETS (part 7)

What part of MOAR was unclear? (part 8)

Jet plane train of bombs because those empty buildings looked mighty suspicious.

The poor bastards have us outnumbered!

MOOOOOAAAAAAR! (part 9)

The beginning of a long love affair between high quality Leopard 2s and their desperate NK suitors.  The Leopard rebuffed their affections.

No better rebound relationship than one involving MOAR ROCKETS (part 10)

Desperate lovers try to reconnect.

How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  Five.  Eleven.

Shifting gears but not numbers, rocket barrage number 11.  And 12.

Not everyone likes to play with the rest of the group.  But when they do, they play to win.

North Korea's last stand, and what would prove to be the last major resistance from Redfor for the rest of the game. 

Two vast and trunkless legs of stone stand in the desert.  Near them, on the sand Half sunk a shattered visage liesTell that its sculptor well those passions read which yet survive.  Nothing beside remains round the decay of that colossal wreck.

In which an SU-76 pays homage to the Three Stooges.  He was surrounded by infantry that had no rockets and couldn't hurt him.  He started shooting at them, but they were so close his HE shells hurt him.  Taking damage from his own gun made him panic, and he routed right into the line of sight of more infantry.  These ones had rockets.  It didn't end well.

The "real" final stand of NK.  This one was even less effective.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 09:54:59 pm by Scotty »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If you guys held your rocket spam to shut down BLUFOR pushes, or (better yet) used them to stun defenders you had recon on right before your own pushes, they would be really powerful assets. Mass rocket fire is one of the best ways to soften up a town or strongpoint before you storm it. It may even stun AA in the area so you can follow up with cluster/iron and napalm.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
TIL how to make my unhittable cheapass rocket planes even more unhittable.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

Awesome!
It's about time you finish that **** :P
"No"

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Got Jedi Academy for $3 on the May 4th sale. Campaign wasn't as fun as I remember Jedi Outcast being.

Offline Sarkoth

• Ser Campaign-listador
Started playing Gothic 1 again. Good times. Awful playability and abysmal controls considered from today's viewpoint (Hold CTRL and press UP / W to pick up an item or use it...), but Piranha Bytes nevertheless made a perfect RPG masterpiece. Gritty, dark and very charismatic. You just have to love a game when an ever recurring applicable dialogue line just reads "In that case I will just have to beat the living **** out of you." And you can do that, without killing people. With practically anyone. You can (almost, like 3-4 exceptions in the whole game) kill anyone too. No immortal NPCS or Quest Givers. You can eradicate the complete game and void it of NPCs, if you want to. Roleplaying at it's finest. ^^

And then there's a branching storyline, which makes the game fun to be played 3 times. Not just simply a few different quests along the way. It's a completely different game, depending on what faction (out of 3) you choose in the first chapter. You're not joining the Old Camp, where the mages are? Then there's no way to ever learn magic in that playthrough. You're joining the Old Camp, but the Guards instead? You might have a few scrolls, but no magic for you either. You piss of the baron and he wants to kill you? You just broke the main quest, because acting like a dick gets you killed. And that's final. The game doesn't simply tell you you ****ed up, but a vital character doesn't talk to you any more. You then get a quest to try to join another camp. But if you pissed them off too, then you're going to have to reload or wander the world aimlessly until you accidentally stumble upon the final boss. You can still finish the game, but you're an outcast and nobody likes you and everyone's trying to kill you. ^^ Good old hardcore gameplay. And if you pick a fight with someone stronger than you, they usually don't kill you, they just knock you down and take some of your stuff and most of your money. You can get it back, if you can get them knocked down or killed before they start using up your inventory. No NPCS that just stand around, everyone has a day and night cycle. Regarding how old that game is, it has so many things implemented, that we are having started to miss out on again today. Because developers are getting too lazy and the games too big do give every single NPC a complex life cycle. It's far more convenient to just let them stand around or repeat 3 basic actions for eternity, say their 4 lines and be done with it. But not with the Gothic series. That series might be a bugfest catastrophe sometimes, but it is developed with heart. And by hand. (the 4th game, Arcania doesn't count, because it was developed by someone entirely different. That's the reason it has no '4' in it's title. And the third game got forcefully pushed out by the developer more than half a year too early and was horribly buggy, until community patches fixed it to a completely playable state.)

Second game is the best one. Can't wait. :)

If you have no clue what series I'm talking about, it's the same developer that made the Risen series. Either you love their games, or you hate them. Because they are different from mainstream games. Simply different. You revisit places. Things change, in the first two games you can't simply go locust-mode and farm everything and then go to the next area. The world is ever changing, with each new chapter. NPCs develop and comment on new things. You get feedback on the things you've done. And sometimes you just break into the wrong house and everybody will hunt you down until you're dead or you reload.

I'll stop waffling now.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 03:04:02 am by Sarkoth »
Only the one passed trough darkness obtains the right to ask for light

Ah, Pokemon. I've been nostalgia-tripping pretty nicely playing this again.

Problem is I just hit the Pre-Elite 4 grindfest that always seems to happen. Fortunately, Platinum gives some actually really good training grounds right around the League, so there's that.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Dammit I forgot how much I hate Mutons.

Also playing Iron Man mode for the first time is kicking my ass.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Now booting up Transistor... Soundtrack already blew me away, now let's see how it fits
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

An Eagle, a Tornado and a Mirage walk into a bar...
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Started a Rome 2 Macedon campaign.  Poking the hell out of some barbarians, from 20 feet away!
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Is Rome 2 patched to completeness yet? I've been waiting to pick it up until it's ready.

In the meantime, I've started Wargame: ALB. That tutorial is terrible, and the campaign is kicking my butt, and I know the best way to learn is to play with people, but I want to be at least competent before calling anybody up to bother them.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You should play with us anyway.  We can gasp for breath between the unfeeling iron treads of suicidal bot tanks together.