Author Topic: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS  (Read 291027 times)

Offline Mets

Re: Download Freespace 2 SCP Pack v1.5c (Complete) by ShivanSpS
Awesome, thanks for the guide.  With this many changes, I think it's time for a new, comprehensive version of the pack, with all of the unnecessary files removed, all of the updates applied, the latest SCP files, movies, etc., so people only have to unzip and they're ready to play.  Either that, or I guess go with Hunter's installer.

A slight problem with the movies though, which I posted in your guide's thread  so as not to hijack this one.

Mets

Shivan is working on version 2.0. Hopefully he'll read my guide and get rid of thumbs.db.  :lol:
That's a pretty blatant mistake.

Haven't seen your movie error posting, thanks for the heads up...checking...

Hmm, don't see movies error post, link please?

Offline Mets

« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:43:20 am by Mets »

AVI's? They're obsolete. You should be using ogg's or worst case mve's, as indicated in my guide.

Offline Mets

Sorry for the mix up - see the other post.

Offline ShivanSpS

Shivan is working on version 2.0. Hopefully he'll read my guide and get rid of thumbs.db.  :lol:
That's a pretty blatant mistake.

Haven't seen your movie error posting, thanks for the heads up...checking...

Thumbs.db?  :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: lol where she is? icant see it hahaha.

Anyway I have to make a new install for the 2.0, I just noticed that you cant play the game as retail runing the fs2.exe for some reason  :wtf:

AHHH, I just read your guide, but WTH!!! the updaters should delete all older/unessesary files, I just try it and they dont do it... I have no idea of what happened which the updaters, damn I have a lot of work for the 1.9c to 2.0 updater them :S

and in addition, in a beginning i think about puting the mVE in the 2.0 pack, but I will give the .ogg instead, because they are smaller.

BTW, I didt have an online installer, that file whas just an exsample of the new installer to show the scren on it .P

P.D. About the "unziping process", the problem is, I have to give the main files in a separated .zip file to keep compatibility which Linux and other OS... so the installer what she do is unzip that file in the selected folder, I still have no idea of how to create a progress bar of that, but I working on it.

P.D.2 an unistaller is really needed?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:33:51 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline Mets

Apparently, from the thread I posted about movie problems, Ogg's don't work with D3D.  Since most of the people who download the pack are new to the game, and not everybody knows how to tweak the launcher, maybe something that is guaranteed to work on anything is the best choice for the cutscences.  I'm sure that if I downloaded this game and the movies didn't work, I would probably have just dumped it instead tried Vega Strike or X-wing or something.

Offline ShivanSpS

Thats better, if the cutscenes not work in D3D I will incluide that in the readme, this is other way that the players must run in OGL... and is even better way, here in the forums to know that the problem is that she running in D3D and warn it early.

BTW, The "installer" .exe for the 2.0 is finished! haha I work on it today i finish it, incluiding a progress bar for the unziping process, and other modifications, the Installer is better than ever.

Now I will start to work on the 1.X to 2.0 updater... thats a lot of work. (sorry, but the updaters are only for windows :S)

BTW, Someone can post or send me screens of each folder by default of each vercion? is someone still have the 1.5c installer and the updaters plz send me screens of each folder in the 1.5c, 1.8 and 1.9c vercion? The most important is that I need to read the file name of each file, so put the view as a list.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:16:38 pm by ShivanSpS »

@Mets, D3D is no longer supported, so there's no reason to try and do so. There is no D3D programmer now as taylor has explained a few times.

Thumbs.db? l where she is? I cant see it ...
I don't know, maybe tell Windows to show hidden/system files? Explorer/Tools/Folder Options/View/Show hidden files and folders, also check "Do not cache thumbnails". If you cache thumbnails a thumbs.db will be created every time you look at a file in Thumbnails view, and they can end up taking a lot of room on your hard drive.
Now I will start to work on the 1.X to 2.0 updater..
Is that necessary? I think everyone is tired of updaters and just want to start from scratch. And my guide would be much more simple.
BTW, I didt have an online installer, that file whas just an exsample of the new installer to show the scren on it.
Thanks, I'll remove the reference.
P.D. About the "unziping process", the problem is, I have to give the main files in a separated .zip file to keep compatibility which Linux and other OS... so the installer what she do is unzip that file in the selected folder, I still have no idea of how to create a progress bar of that, but I working on it.
It works fine like it is.
P.D.2 an unistaller is really needed?
Only if the installer makes changes to the registry. I just didn't know if it was missing on purpose. I'll remove the reference.

BTW, Someone can post or send me screens of each folder by default of each vercion? is someone still have the 1.5c installer and the updaters plz send me screens of each folder in the 1.5c, 1.8 and 1.9c vercion? The most important is that I need to read the file name of each file, so put the view as a list.
That would take a very long time I think. And the files are still available...And just curious, why do you need to see 1.5 and 1.8?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 03:39:12 pm by Huggybaby »

Offline ShivanSpS

That would take a very long time I think. And the files are still available...And just curious, why do you need to see 1.5 and 1.8?

I need to know what files are in those vercion for the 1.X to 2.0 updater... I need to create it because there are some files that may intefiere which the 3.6.9 VP stuff...

But I can take are of it mayself because I just discover that I have a copy of the 1.5c full pack and the 1.8 update in my other pc...

OK, if you decide you want me to take some screen shots let me know.

And don't forget I have good links to all your packs in my guide. Though 1.5 would take some time to download.

I have screenshots of the 1.9c install too already up, but I guess you know that.

BTW, the 3.6.9 mediavps are still in alpha testing, do you know something I don't?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 06:34:26 pm by Huggybaby »

Offline Mets

@Mets, D3D is no longer supported, so there's no reason to try and do so. There is no D3D programmer now as taylor has explained a few times.
Yeah sorry that was an old post.

Actually, what imaging program are you using, because I think that program made the thumbs.db -  I couldn't find any of them either

Offline ShivanSpS

BTW, the 3.6.9 mediavps are still in alpha testing, do you know something I don't?

No, but I now that for exsample, the HTL Elysium will be already in the 3.6.9 VPS, and the -710 stuff has to be removed, etc, I just whant to make sure that everyone have a clean swep, i dont whant to remember disaster of the 1.0 vercion :S

OK.

I found your post, HERE, so now I know I can also delete flags.lch and server.txt for my clean backup.

Mets I'm using Irfanview. Windows makes Thumbs.db when you look at files in a thumbnail. If my system was creating them they would keep reappearing and they aren't.

Offline Mets

hmm, k, just a guess...

BTW if you didn't check other post, codec problem fixed, but we're missing some videos.

To see thumbs.db,

Go to Explorer, Tools/Folder Options/View

Check "Show hidden files and folders", Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

And check "Do not cache thumbnails" to keep them from being created.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Another is "did you install to c:\games\freespace".

You really don't need to install to C:\Games. That was just an issue with the first version of Turey's installer. There's no need for others to feel compelled to deal with that problem now that it's been fixed anyway.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

OK, thanks. I was under the impression that it was a general FS2 compatibility issue, especially with retail. (I also read you couldn't use spaces.)

Though I'm really not concerned with retail, only SCP.

I'll remove those explicit path references in my guide.

ShivanSPS,

I fixed some spelling in your no mods text. And then I got carried away. This is only my interpretation, so please feel free to ignore it or solicit other opinions and suggestions.

Current text:
Freespace II. No mods. No new effects. No new graphics. Freespace II Classic if you will. Select mediavps as your mod to activate the new graphics. Select fs1port mod to play FS1 or Silent Threat with SCP enhancements. DerelictSCP and Transcend are also mods, this incluides others Missions, also uses SCP enhancements. Warning: Remember to change your campaing in the campaing room to the correspoding one, if you going to run any mods, Like fs1port, Derelict or Transcend, none of those have support for the Retail FS2 campaing. See Readme First for more info.

My suggestion:
FreeSpace 2. No mods. No new effects. No new graphics. FreeSpace 2 Classic if you will. SELECT MEDIAVPS AS YOUR MOD TO ACTIVATE THE NEW FS2 SCP GRAPHICS. Select the FS1Port mod to play FS1 or Silent Threat with SCP enhancements. DerelictSCP and Transcend are examples of other mods. WARNING: REMEMBER TO CHANGE YOUR CAMPAIGN IN THE CAMPAIGN ROOM so that it corresponds to your selected mod (like FS1Port, DerelictSCP or Transcend), as none of these have support for the Retail FS2 campaign. See Readme First for more info.