Author Topic: How do you turn on the cockpit?  (Read 2278 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
How do you turn on the cockpit?
Hey all, im kinda new round here and as such, just updated my mediavps files and was reading the readme and came across the fact that the perseus now has a cockpit. My problem being, I don't see ANY cockpit. By the way,  I used to have an older version of fs2 open and only updated the mediavps files, i came across a topic about a similar problem and only gathered that there is something i need to enable in the ships .tbl file, where is it and what do I do with it?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: How do you turn on the cockpit?
You need to enable the "show ship" flag.  Rather than directly editing ships.tbl, you should just create a tbm file.  Call it cockpit-shp.tbm and put it in Freespace/mediavps/data/tables.  It should look something like this:

Code: [Select]
#Ship Classes

$Name: GTF Perseus
+nocreate
$Flags: ( "show ship" )

$Name: GTF Whatever
+nocreate

#End

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You need to enable the "show ship" flag.  Rather than directly editing ships.tbl, you should just create a tbm file.  Call it cockpit-shp.tbm and put it in Freespace/mediavps/data/tables.  It should look something like this:

Code: [Select]
#Ship Classes

$Name: GTF Perseus
+nocreate

$Name: GTF Whatever
+nocreate

#End

thanks m8 ur a legend

Offline blowfish

Be advised though, the cockpits are very low resolution, as they were more intended to be viewed from the outside than from the inside.  We will get real cockpits at some point, but I'm not sure when.

aww :(

I thought they already had a high-res cockpit release.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline blowfish

If you can find a high-res cockpit, there is a feature in recent builds that allows you to specify a separate cockpit model.

Offline Bri_Dog

Question, why is this a table entry and not a command line flag? Just wondering.
Sig

Offline blowfish

Because that's the way it is ;)

But seriously, I guess it just made more sense that way when it was done.  I don't know, I'm not the one who coded it :nervous:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Question, why is this a table entry and not a command line flag? Just wondering.

Because it should be under the control of the mod team not the individual player. Otherwise you get people turning on cockpits for a mod that doesn't have them or turning them off for multiplayer forcing everyone else to.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]