Author Topic: FSPort Problems  (Read 1086 times)

Hi everyone,

I downloaded FSOpen to try to get FSPort working (although I do have FreeSpace 1 and Silent threat). I'm planning on streaming it so I want the game to look as good as possible.

When I ran the installer, the only ones that didn't fully install were the FSPort Mission Upgrade and the Win32 AVX, which I probably didn't need anyways. However, no matter what I do I can't seem to get FSPort working properly - the game doesn't run in the YAL launcher with any of the FSPort media mods enabled, and if I just have the FSPort mod enabled then when I load into the game it's just the regular FreeSpace 2 campaign. What am I doing wrong?

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Which FSO version are you using? Please try 3.8.0 with wxLauncher 0.12.0-rc2. Starting with FSO 3.8.0, only wxLauncher and Knossos are supported. All other launchers might cause problems.

If it still doesn't work, please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.

Okay, I tried that launcher (incidentally if the other launcher isn't supported it should be removed from the list of installable options). I used the version of FSO currently on the FSO Installer website.

Found the log file, although the directions didn't really work for Windows 10. It's attached.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
3.7.2 is outdated. Please download FSO 3.8.0 or select it in wxLauncher if you have it already.

The installer is a bit out of date (it still offers wxLauncher 0.10.1 although that version doesn't work with FSO 3.8.0).

Okay, did that, still having the same problems.

Ah, now it puts the log where those directions say to find it.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Can you try using this nightly? The problem you encountered is most likely an engine bug which should've been fixed.

EDIT: Also, it seems you're missing files from FSPort. Your fsport folder only has the tango .vp files. Please download the missing files.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:34:49 pm by ngld »

As to the first, yes, I can do that. As to the second - the links to the specific "core download" FSPort files don't work, and the link to the installer just takes me back to the same installer I used originally.

EDIT: Okay, got it! Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:57:38 pm by Jimmythecannon »