Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 119630 times)

Offline Halleck

As much as I am anticipating this game, I'm trying to avoid the press coverage. I feel like the less I know about it, the more I'll enjoy it.

You are underestimating the amount of nerdrage the internet is capable of, I think.
The only Nerdrage I've had any experience with was justified, at least as far as something moronic like Nerdrage can be justified. The point is to avoid justification.

Offline Luis Dias

Let the nerdragers suffer from their heart attacks and enjoy the games yourself :)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Hmmmm.... an MMO set during the Skyllian Blitz could actually be cool, relative to other MMOs.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Okay, so, given that ME3 will probably be another enormous hit, what are your thoughts on continuing the Mass Effect franchise beyond ME3? How would a possible ME4 look like? What other stories can be told within Mass Effect?
The thing about it that you can't have another "Event" the scale of the Reapers in the ME universe.  They are THE Big Bads going back God knows how long.  Shep will find a way to defeat or at least mitigate them somehow, that's a given.  I could see them doing a smaller more self contained single game story.  Maybe get it back to proper RPG lengths of 40 or 50 hours for a playthrough.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hmmmm.... an MMO set during the Skyllian Blitz could actually be cool, relative to other MMOs.

I feel like an MMO lasting less than a day would be somewhat restrictive

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

I feel like an MMO lasting less than a day would be somewhat restrictive

Krogan Rebellion!

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

New event that takes place after the ME storyline and has lots of stuff going on!

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Also, meant to post this earlier
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Also, meant to post this earlier

This is fake yo

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I WANT TO BELIEVE, etc.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Confirmed fake aaaaaages ago (though Jennifer Hepler is the famous gigglesquee developer of the Dragon Age 2 debacle)

Confirmed fake aaaaaages ago (though Jennifer Hepler is the famous gigglesquee developer of the Dragon Age 2 debacle)

Was she that women I saw advertising all the sex Dragon Age 2 would have?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Wait I lied, it might've been Cheryl Chee via Jennifer Hepler or whatevs

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
What would the relevance of that piece of information be, Hades?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
What would the relevance of that piece of information be, Hades?
Everything, bro. It would determine life or death in a post apocalyptic vegetable farm
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline newman

A post ME3 game will not be action oriented and you won't play the role of Commander Shepard. The game's working title is "Citadel Law", in which the player will take the role of a young up-and-coming lawyer taking on the case of his life. The ultimate goals of the game will be to win this case and make partner in the law firm he works for.

Here's a synopsis for the trailer:
Breaking news: the famous commander Shepard, the man who defeated the Reapers and saved the galaxy as we know it,  has been dishonorably discharged from the Alliance military earlier today only hours after his public announcement that he's gay. The Alliance military spokesman had this to say on the topic:

"The commander's sexual orientation has nothing to do with our decision. Fact of the matter is, he has self-admittedly been a member of Cerberus, which is considered a terrorist organization by the Alliance. As you know, Cerberus has been responsible for unspeakable crimes against humanity and everyone affiliated with it will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, no matter how famous they might be".

We were unable to get a hold of the former Commander Shepard but his attorney announced a counter lawsuit against the Alliance military, commenting that "the Alliance knew about Shepard's ties with Cerberus for years and it didn't seem to bother them when he was busy saving them from the Reapers. After the Reaper invasion on Earth the election polls have been strongly in favor of the conservative right wing political option and I find it curious the Alliance finds it fit to have a problem with the Commander's Cerberus ties right in the middle of an election year. Their motives are clear and we will take them to Supreme Citadel Court if we have to."

But more importantly, what do you think? Email us your opinion at [email protected]. Best comment wins an N7 t-shirt!

Next: are humans involved with Asari bisexual? Our psychologists attempt to answer this constant source of controversy - after the break.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
YYEAAAAAAAAAHHH

...we won't be fooled again.

There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Luis Dias

New trailer in their home page

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Kinda cheesy and off character some times almost "reads" like a fanpic .... dunno if I like it. Whaddayathink?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Old, pretty bad, I blame EA marketing