Author Topic: The Countdown  (Read 17131 times)

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
It's better be really good then. If it isn't... I know where you live. :D
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Kalfireth
Sheesh.. you sure do monitor this thread don't you? You must be ultrasharp :rolleyes:

:wakka:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
HLP 3.0 with an0n as Admin!!
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Corsair

• Gull Wings Rule
Derek Smart in a cage and a big pile of rocks for us to throw!
Wash: This landing's gonna get pretty interesting.
Mal: Define "interesting".
Wash: *shrug* "Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die"?
Mal: This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

#freespace on Quakenet.

He's there. :p

This is not a signature.
You did not see this.
It was all a dream.
You will not tell anyone about this.

Now go and read this signature again.

So, you actually bothered to scroll down, eh? If you're that bored, you might as well take a look at the links above.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Kalfireth
It'll change the way you see things.

HLP 3.0 -- Now With Free Laser Eye Correction!

i.e.: Carl shooting BFReds at people's faces. :nervous:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
For the Last Time, it really has nothing to do with HLP. Comprende?? :D

EDIT: Hey, Kal, you know what's so funny? The answer is right in their face. :drevil:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I want a hint.

It does have something to do with the community, doesn't it?

Or is it some FS2 stuff?

When it happens, will we notice it fast?
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Actually I believe that Sandwich and I have given you enough hints. If you still don't get it, well you need a better screen.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
:lol:

Originally posted by DaBrain
I want a hint.

It does have something to do with the community, doesn't it?

Or is it some FS2 stuff?

When it happens, will we notice it fast?

If you want to find out what it is, you'd be wise to re-read this whole thread as if it were an old quest. :D

Or heck, just wait another 6.5-12.5 hours. :D

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Oh, and the first person to get it right gets A PRIZZE!!111one[/b] :D

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
You guys are pathetic.  Come on.

[q]
Sheesh.. you sure do monitor this thread don't you? You must be ultrasharp :rolleyes:[/q]

Really. With all of the horrible puns that this place is known for... :sigh:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Nuclear1

I'm changing my answer to agree with what vyper said about a vB upgrade.

To 3.08, maybe?
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Kal, no prizes... some people have already gotten it. :p

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Good point. Ahh well, at least now I don't have to try and think of a prize :)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Originally posted by nuclear1
I'm changing my answer to agree with what vyper said about a vB upgrade.

To 3.08, maybe?

Read my post again - why would Sarnie edit it without removing the offending line? ;)
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I must issue an apology to you all... I've been (re)playing The Longest Journey for the past 2 days (beat it, too, and I didn't remember a single solutiob from 4 years ago when I first played it), which kinda inspired the whole "figure out the secret" motif I got going here. ;)

Offline Kie99

Shhh! :D // Sandwich
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I had no idea what this was until Kalfireth made that remark, which made it pretty obvious. :p

Offline Fineus

• Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I thought it would, but still some people haven't worked it out.

Oh, don't post what this is about untill everything is ready tomorrow. It makes it more interesting to keep people wondering :D