Author Topic: Unable to find ship class  (Read 1065 times)

Unable to find ship class
Hi

I'm trying to play Freespace 2 (original FS2 campaign with FSO) with a cockpit mod that I installed with Knossos. Whenever I try to launch the game, I get the following error message:

Warning: cockpits-hdg.tbm(line 7):
Error: Unable to find ship class GTB Snake in stuff_int_list!
File: parselo.cpp
Line: 310

I tried disabling parsing errors in the launcher (not sure if this is considered a n00b move), which just results in a CTD without an error message. FS2 with mediaVPs 4.4.2 works just fine, but I really want cockpits! I would appreciate it if someone can assist me with this. The dirty dishes in my room probably know more about coding than I do, and I can't find anything on the forums (not even on the cockpit mod's forum) about this. I've considered going back to using the wxLauncher, which ran the cockpit mod (albeit with a bunch of warnings popping up in the main menu), but I deleted my freespace 2 folder after I switched to Knossos, which means that I would have to redownload everything, which will take forever on my connection. I'm also including the link to the fs2_open.log:

https://fsnebula.org/log/60cd1767c9b5f261cd39130e

P.S. This is my first time posting a new topic, so please excuse any rookie mistakes that I might have made.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Unable to find ship class
The cockpit mod seems to contain references to a ship (the GTB Snake) that doesn't actually exist either in the mod or in base FreeSpace 2.

Hm, that's odd. I couldn't find any reference to that ship anywhere on the internet. I ended up solving the problem by using an older FSO build for the mod. The cockpit mod apparently doesn't play well with the most recent builds, but it works fine on 19.0.0.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It do be that way.

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
Hm, that's odd. I couldn't find any reference to that ship anywhere on the internet. I ended up solving the problem by using an older FSO build for the mod. The cockpit mod apparently doesn't play well with the most recent builds, but it works fine on 19.0.0.

I can certainly understand if you don't want to fiddle with it, but it should be relatively easy to open up that file and remove any entry that refers to ships not in what you're playing.

I'll poke at if it's feasible to get future versions of FSO treat this as non-fatal again, as that seems useful.
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

I'll poke at if it's feasible to get future versions of FSO treat this as non-fatal again, as that seems useful.
Way ahead of ya ;)
https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/pull/3520

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
oh, well, that's the least work sales pitching an idea has ever been then!  :D
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."