Author Topic: [FA] C5M2 Primus  (Read 20786 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I couldn't see anything wrong with it. Might be worth getting someone else's opinion though :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fergus

Tested it, and to be honest I can't find any faults in it.  The difficulty is balanced well and it seems to be near finished status, though I may of course be missing the obvious.  It seems finished to me and I'll get testing the next version.
  Oh one thing not really related to this mission specifically, but what kind of ambience level should be used for this campaign, is there a specific one wanted or just pick your own?
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Just played it, overall I think a very well created mission. Though I do have some things to point out -

*Mission Briefing - Is it possible to make this a little more in-depth? I understand your going in with little intel as to what has happend but maybe a little bit more detail here?

*Messages - Maybe space these out a little? I seem to be flooded with conversation the moment I enter. Pilot chatter is a plus to any mission but try to space it out a little more.

There the only two nit-picks I have with the mission, overall I liked it. :)
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Briefs are hard to write for me. Language barrier is my excuse.

Flooded? Too much, too fast or both? Any specific situation?
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I think the messages can come in a little too close together at points in the mission. That's why with voice synth turned on things can get out of sync.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I gave this mission a whirl last night.  Its pretty good, although I agree that the timing of some of the messages and events could be spread out a bit, along with some gramatical fixes here and there.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Ok. I'll make some changes.

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
In general - a very well done mission... !!!

Small, weaknesses whic are

Just cosmetic...
1. I agree that some of the messages are often too close each other...

2. The briefing - what's the name of that star system? :confused:
It could be a little longer briefing, with a bit more intel data...

3.The debriefing- positive mission ending  should be spelled "to engage T'Karli in another star system..."

If you like you could also add that Citari " was one of the starships that destroyed T'Karli" and "to help engage T'Karli in another..."
- it would give a little more insight to the role of Citari in previous
engagements...

OVERALL ':)' :yes:  for your hard work Primus!
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Here.

Sorry for the delay, RL is keeping me busy.

Anyway. The message delays are now 1-3s longer. I hope that's enough. The briefs are edited. But they're still pretty simple. I added one debrief for Ra'Mak's destruction.

I wonder if I messed up anything. :nervous:

Offline Fergus

I'll get testing it, but if it's just window dressing you've updated then I think, in my view, that this is the first campaign five mission done...unless I've missed one, in which case I'll go look and test that one.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
It's the same as v3, but with longer message delays, a bit longer briefs and one new debrief. Also some spelling and grammars are corrected.

Offline aipz

• War,war never changes...
The comms during mission are now very clear...
You have enough time to fly and read them all down to the last letter... ;)

The briefings and debriefings are now without  any  flaws - this is a quick scramble mission, so there's enough intel data, because the command doesn't know the current situation and goals change during mission...

No major grammar mistakes spotted...

OVERALL - another well deserved  ':)':yes: for the minor changes
"Another fellow pilot"

Offline Fergus

I can't see anything wrong with mission either.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Thanks you two. :)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I'll trust those two to have caught anything I missed in the earlier tests. What are you going to work on next Primus?

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Finally finish C1M7. :)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Fair enough. Look forwards to seeing that one finished :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm sorry to bump this, especially after you've declared this finished, but I thought I should point out a few issues.  First, the minor.  When T'Bok wing arrives through the jumpgate, you should make sure that you remove the wing's self-generated warp effects, and make a giant SEXPed warp effect at the jumpgate, since that's how things work in the B5 universe.

Secondly, at the end of the mission, when the Ra'Mak gets destroyed, the G'Tok should be a little further away before destroying it.  When the ship gets destroyed, often pieces of debris end up hitting the G'Tok and causing heavy dammage.

Next, in the briefing stage 1, you have one line that is an incomplete sentance, beginning with "but".  This should probably be something like "the ship suffered heavy dammage and we have had no further communication since the attack".

I'm also curious about your choice of secondary weapons.  You appear to have given the player wing some heavy anti-capital bombs rather than anti-fighter weapons.  I would have issued the later, so that the beams of the G'Tok can take down the cruiser.

Finally, I am somewhat concerned over the ingame messages.  Its not that they are too closely clustered, its that certain key messages get delayed by others.  For example, you finish scanning the Ra'Mak, but you don't get the message commenting on their results until more messages have gone by.  Same thing for the arrival of some hostile wings (not the automatic messages, as these are deactivated).  You see the hostiles on your radar, but the message warning you about them may not come for 10 seconds or so.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
I'm sorry to bump this, especially after you've declared this finished, but I thought I should point out a few issues.  First, the minor.  When T'Bok wing arrives through the jumpgate, you should make sure that you remove the wing's self-generated warp effects, and make a giant SEXPed warp effect at the jumpgate, since that's how things work in the B5 universe.

Secondly, at the end of the mission, when the Ra'Mak gets destroyed, the G'Tok should be a little further away before destroying it.  When the ship gets destroyed, often pieces of debris end up hitting the G'Tok and causing heavy dammage.

Next, in the briefing stage 1, you have one line that is an incomplete sentance, beginning with "but".  This should probably be something like "the ship suffered heavy dammage and we have had no further communication since the attack".

I'm also curious about your choice of secondary weapons.  You appear to have given the player wing some heavy anti-capital bombs rather than anti-fighter weapons.  I would have issued the later, so that the beams of the G'Tok can take down the cruiser.

Finally, I am somewhat concerned over the ingame messages.  Its not that they are too closely clustered, its that certain key messages get delayed by others.  For example, you finish scanning the Ra'Mak, but you don't get the message commenting on their results until more messages have gone by.  Same thing for the arrival of some hostile wings (not the automatic messages, as these are deactivated).  You see the hostiles on your radar, but the message warning you about them may not come for 10 seconds or so.

No probs. :)

1) Do you believe me if I say that I planned to do that? But for some reason I didn't...

2) Good point.

3) Ok. Probably happened when I added stuff. Should have noticed that.

4) Willl be changed. Should have noticed that too.

5) Well, there's conversation going, so they tell the scan results after that. I'll check the hostile msg thing...

Offline JanCS

Ok I gave v4 a try, three times:

1. Normal approach [easy]

• Was ambushed by the Sentries after my scan of the Ra'Mak. Was quite a surprise.
  • Ordered one wing to attack the Centauri Vorchan with missiles. The G'Tok finished it of easily.
  • Then took care of the fighters.

Conclusion:
  • There never seems to be any threat for the shuttle.
  • The red light is too intense. And the sun emitting it should be changed to a more reddish type. But that's just cosmetic.

2. Approach with knowledge of what would happen [easy]

• Was already in a dogfight with the Sentry Patrol when G'Tok sends message "Centauri Wing".
  • Attacked the Vorchan as soon as it appears with all wings. Destroyed it after 20 secs in a T'Kor salvo. Fight was pretty short then, but it worked alright.

Conclusion:
  • Message "Centauri Wing" should be send sooner.
  • The number of T'Kors should be limited.

3. Approach with the intent to break the mission [easy]

• Destroyed Ra'Mak, disabled G'Tok when Narn turned hostile.

Conclusion:

I don't think the mission should be adapted to fit any "mission breaking attempts of that sort" :nod: