Author Topic: RELEASE - Shivans  (Read 39884 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What's the background?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
For anyone who hasn't done it yet, here's the fixed campaign file for Phantoms. :)

[EDIT] Echo Gate too.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 12:52:39 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline neoterran

For anyone who hasn't done it yet, here's the fixed campaign file for Phantoms. :)

[EDIT] Echo Gate too.

Thanks Cobra ! Useful for a change :D
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Snail

• SC 5

[EDIT] Echo Gate too.

Thanks Cobra ! Useful for a change :D

He's been trying to be useful for a while.

Offline Nuclear1

[EDIT] Echo Gate too.

Thou rocketh, Cobra.  Many thanks.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Hey, So I downloaded the two fixed .fc2 files, and put them in the data\missions folder in my shivans mod folder. Now in the weapon load out section, i do see the ML-16, but it says there are 0 available. What have I done wrong?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Umm, the ML-16's should already be loaded on the fighters. :wtf:

[EDIT] There should be 16 ML-16s and 16 Disruptors available. You might have a mod somewhere that's interfering with the campaign or something.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

I just can't get this campaign to work, i always get a error about the harpoon everytime i try to launch with FS Open 3.6.9 RC8. I have FSPort 3.0.4, and the mediavp's and lightspeeds nebula pack so i can't get whats wrong..

Error: mv_missiles-wep.tbm(15):
Error: Required token = [$Model file:], found [+nocreate]
in weapon: Harpoon.

File:parse/parselo.cpp
Line: 551
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 11:39:26 am by Akalamanaia »

Played Echo Gate last night.  That was fun.

Send more.   :p
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Umm, the ML-16's should already be loaded on the fighters. :wtf:

[EDIT] There should be 16 ML-16s and 16 Disruptors available. You might have a mod somewhere that's interfering with the campaign or something.

Hi again,
Ummm...I have my mediavp folder and fsport folder on the secondary list. My main shivans folder contains only these two campaigns. My mediavp folder contains no campaigns and has the only tbl file it has is stars.tbl. My fsport folder has all the fsport vps, plus the missions vps, and has no extra tables or anything, and obviously I dont have any campaign vps in my main fs2 folder. Any idea what extra file from where could be causing this? Cuz i find it rather hard to beat phantoms with just disruptors lol, maybe i just suck though.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Try putting the vp into your fsport folder. That's how I have it right now.

Woo, thanks cobra, everything is golden now.

Having a slight problem in "Phantoms" that might just be me being stupid but...

Spoiler:
  In the mission where you first see the Shivans and Vasudans duking it out, you are supposed to do a scan of some docking pylons.  I can press "select nearest unscanned target" and the pylon gets selected, but there's nothing I do seems to get the scan to actually take place. 

Any suggestions?
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Well i didn't have to actually scan the pylons to complete that mission, i just had to wait until one of the wingmates congratuled me on "scanning" the pylons. And i bet it would be a bit hard to stop to scan some pylons when you got over 8 shivan craft on your tail(they finish the vasudans pretty fast, after they wich they come for you). To bad you can't get the shivans killed, i tried to kill them by making them crash into the pylons but they didn't even get scratched.

I even rammed them head on to see if i could get them damaged but to no effect..  :(

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
1) Now that a few people have mentioned it, I did think the voice acting was a little quiet.  You might want to bump up the volume a little bit when you run the filters.  I had to skew my volume settings pretty drastically to get some of the in-mission messages audible above the music.

I'll look into it.

2) On the voice acting front, I suppose I should have mentioned this before, but did you see the Voice Acting Manager feature in the recent FRED builds from the HEAD branch?

No? Thing is, I quite like to personalise lines (ph1_al21.ogg, ph1_cmd1.ogg, for example) to make it easier to find/order.

3) In both your campaign files, you allow the "ML-16" as a weapon, but its name in weapons.tbl is actually "ML-16 Laser".  This is why everybody only had Disruptors available.

4) The debriefing OGG files for Echo Gate seem to be missing.  Did you forget to include them?

7) You might want to double check your date format.  Most missions have mm/dd/yy, but amadeus.fs2 has dd/mm/yy.  Whichever you pick, it should be consistent.

durrrrr

I always miss something. Somethings, even. Damnation!

5) Were you going to have Darkblade do the debriefing persona messages so that you could allow promotions and badges?

Too much effort for two mini-campaigns.

6) Amadeus.fs2 isn't included in the Phantoms campaign.  Was that a mistake, or did you intend it as a separate standalone mission?

Secret mission, intentionally hidden.

8a) I was unhappy with the fact that you made the Shivan fighters invulnerable.  I was hoping to exploit my 1337 knowledge of Disruptors and Furys. :(

8b) On a more serious note, I'm pretty sure that the "fire at a fighter to distract it" tactic doesn't work with invulnerable fighters.  They need to take some damage before they'll break off and chase you.  During "Strange Bedfellows", I was pounding on a Shaitan the entire time he was shooting an escape pod, and he didn't turn away until the pod was destroyed.

Well, the whole deal with this mission-pack-thing was to emphasise the mystery and power and sheer terror of the Shivans - something that (for me) was lost with FS2, specifically the mission High Noon. Even so, you have a point. Again, I'll take a look-see.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
So I guess I should wait patiently for a fixed/patched release? :)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
No? Thing is, I quite like to personalise lines (ph1_al21.ogg, ph1_cmd1.ogg, for example) to make it easier to find/order.
Hmm, well that may be a problem.  The attached screenshot shows the editor -- it allows you to autogenerate the filenames and then export a script.  It generates the filenames as a list, so it won't personalize them, but you can set it to skip over any filenames you've already specified.

Secret mission, intentionally hidden.
Okay. :)

I'll take a look-see.
Thx.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Guess what? I'm playing this on the INFA Standalone engine. 8)

Offline Nuclear1

So I guess I should wait patiently for a fixed/patched release? :)

Just download the campaign pack, and Cobra's two patched campaign files and then you'll be set.  The only thing that really was a showstopping or annoying bug was the ML-16 fiasco, but the rest of it runs fine.

As for the campaign, that was a good play.  The mission balance and design was right on (except for maybe the escape pod mission for Goober's above-mentioned reason), it's just that there was so few of them.

Good work. :)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wow, great campaign, dig the music (where'd you get it?)! :D