Hosted Projects - Standalone > Archived Star Wars Conversion Threads

Colour

(1/4) > >>

RandomTiger:
I was just wondering about how you are going to handle colour, Star Wars (old style anyway) is mostly black and white ships, no nebulas, no beams etc.

I was just worried that it might not be as visually stimulating as some of the more colourful MOD's. If you decide to keep it accurate to the films I think you should consider what you can do to compensate fot this, perhaps very content full backgrounds or something.

Fineus:
A lot of conflict took place around planets and asteroid fields, they can provide a lot of interest in themselves. Also, give missile weapons of all types shockwaves (even if they have no "effect"), that'll spice things up a little.

Laser weapons in SW seem to go for speed and quantity over quality, so a hailstorm of laser fire from capital ship turrets should also provide their interest.

Black Wolf:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Thunder
Also, give missile weapons of all types shockwaves (even if they have no "effect"), that'll spice things up a little.
--- End quote ---

Anyone who recreates the Ep 2 Asteroid field shockwaves (what was the name of the missile again? Damn the wait between Cinema and video:mad2: ) Will be a legend for the rest of their mortal existence. That thing was so sweet.

and another thing is that older sw films were done that way due to tech limits: ties in origin were blue instead of white like in first film, and they become more blue chapter after chapter, but i agree that they will remain more desaturated than other things we are used to see with fs2 engin,
also backgrounds became more colorful chapter after chapter, maybe you don't see so much color like fs2 (that isnt completely realistic, if you want my opinion) but i think there may be enough rooms to have an elegant and nice looking product, maybe using true space images, i already have a lot of em, but there are a lot more over internet

Sandwich:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Thunder
A lot of conflict took place around planets and asteroid fields, they can provide a lot of interest in themselves. Also, give missile weapons of all types shockwaves (even if they have no "effect"), that'll spice things up a little.

Laser weapons in SW seem to go for speed and quantity over quality, so a hailstorm of laser fire from capital ship turrets should also provide their interest.
--- End quote ---

2 points: first, realize that in the SW universe, there are no jump nodes. Therefore, there is no strategic value to holding on to an area of space "out there". Ships can arrive from any angle to any location via hyperspace, forcing all defenses to be kept either very close to home (eg. in orbit), or mobile. Therefore pretty much all missions would take place around a planet. Those that don't would be deep-space rescue missions, hyperdrive broke down, that sort of thing.

Second, in regard to the lasers in the SW universe.... ;7

*ahem*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version