Author Topic: New Campaign With *****en Mission  (Read 5965 times)

New Campaign With *****en Mission
Ok, here is the NEW IMPROVED level, for all you folks who like it hardcore...

http://www.swooh.com/peon/tincan/Freespace%202%20Files/Special%202.fs2

Now that's  more like it!  After failing once (miserably), I beat it on the second go!  Wingmen were dying at an acceptable rate.  The Argo escaped with about 70& health again, while the Deimos got out with less than 20%.

My next gameplay suggestion is to make the Argo more of a target for attacking forces.  Right now, you barely need to worry about it at all.

I don't think it's necessary to have the 'Add-on' ring and the 'Docking Point' Elysium to be hidden from sensors.  

This is for the Elysium especially since (for me at least) it is not at all obvious what function it is supposed to be serving.  At least if it can be targeted, the player will know that it is a dock point of some sort.

It also seems a little weird to have a meson warhead sticking out of the side of the station (not to mention having that annoying fuzzy blip on the radar.)  It would make the mission a bit more mysterious if the blip arrives just as you're told to investigate the strange reading.  This could be achieved by having a small fighter (set to 'hidden from sensors') arrive inside the station at the appropriate time, instead of having that big warhead.  You can achieve the same spectacular results by modifying the fighter's explosive properties.

Check the arrival location of Iota, Kappa, and Tango wings.  The message states they launch from the Herectic's launch bay, but it appears some of them arrive via subspace.

Many of your messages depend on certain pilots being alive to send them.  However, the way the mission is now, those pilots maybe dead when they are scheduled to send messages.  This leads to Command sending the messages, but it would seem that you are avoiding using Command.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 02:49:24 am by 1077 »

Dont worry, anything that happens after the battle is strictly Beta 4 talking, and he is invincible. ;7

I thought that those guys DID arrive from the Hecate... hm...

I'll see how I can work with that fighter deal warping into the system and such. As for the elysium transport, I guess I'll just turn that back to sensor ability.

And I'll have guys attack the Lamda One transport.

And all that other good stuff.... but how about some positive info?! :nod:

And here it is. Didnt take long to fix some things:

http://www.swooh.com/peon/tincan/Freespace%202%20Files/Special%202.fs2

Alright, here it comes!  Brace for impact!  Take cover!

1) The new 'fighter bomb' is taking a more active part in the mission than it should.  Set it so its starting speed is 0, have its 'Protect Ship' flag active, and have it play dead.  Right now, it flies out of the installation and is attacked by friendly fighters.

2) The bomb's explosion cannot be seen outside of the installation.  Make the radius of the shockwave some larger value so it can be seen from the outside.

3) Make it so that Lambda 1 only undocks when the Krikso is destroyed so you have the corvette and the transport moving to the node at the same time.  Right now, it is possible for Lambda 1 to reach the node and jump out even before even the Hernon starts moving.

4) Consider repositioning the arrival location for the Corlay.  It seems that the cruiser jumps in inside the Hecate.

1) Fixed

2) Fixed

3) No

4) Fixed

So then, who DID download this? Please reply...

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
noy bad:)
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Horray! Someone downloaded it! OMG THIS IS BIG!