Author Topic: Rushed Tenacity  (Read 2705 times)

Hi guys. Well, it has been a while since I've been on the campaign trail, but I came up with these great ideas while watching TV for some time while I'm cooped up here in South Dakota with a Windows 95 computer and AOL Dial Up. :mad:

Oh well, this is what I came up with after a lot of thinking:

Freespace 2 Campaign Story

Contents in the Kedera System:

Planets:     Name/      Population/   Size

-   Kordo/    2 Billion/    13,000 KM (1/3 Size of Earth)
-   Kirtar/    900,000/    20,000 KM (1/2 Size of Earth)
-   Leyroh/    3.7 Billion/    36,000 KM (Roughly Size of Earth)
-   Ony 1/    0/       68,000 KM (Gas Giant)
-   Ony 2/    0/       50,000 KM (Gas Giant)
-   Jero/    120,000/     25,000 KM (Mining Planet)

Stars:         Name/   Size (Solar Units)

-   Verto 1/      1.2
-   Verto 2/      .90
-   Verto 5/      .50
-   Verto 9/      2.3

Nebula:     Name/      Nebula Type

-   G-Ricko/      Yellow Gas Nebula
-   G-Uleda/      Green Gas Nebula
-   V-Xora/      Volatile Red Surge Nebula
-   V-Xavior/      Volatile Green Toxic Nebula
-   R-Pythamise/   Blue Resource Nebula

Stations:    Name/   Population/   Task

-   Geno/   350/      Outpost
-   Yuno/   350/      Outpost
-   Arco/   3,200/      Battle Station
-   Inoe/   200/      Research Outpost
-   Wex-1/   300/      Shipyard
-   Wex-2/   300/      Shipyard
-   Wex-3/   250/      Shipyard
-   Orb-1/   150/      Fighter Shipyard
-   Orb-2/   150/      Fighter Shipyard
-   Orb-00/   350/      F-Shipyard Outpost
-   Crio-1/   65/      Listening Post
-   Crio-2/   65/      Listening Post
-   Crio-3/   65/      Listening Post
-   Crio-4/   65/      Listening Post
-   Crio-5/   65/      Listening Post

Facts for Contents in the Kedera System:

Planets:
-   Leyroh serves as the capitol planet in the region.
-   Kordo is the second largest populated planet and is shipping partner with Leyroh. It has 2 moons.
-   Kirtar is a newly established city on an ice planet.
-   Ony-1 and Ony-2 are Gas Giants with rich deposits of gas extracted by miners in orbit.
-   Jero is a mining colony that is located inside of the Pythamise nebula.

Stars:
-   Verto 1 and 2 are sister stars that are spread at least 420,00 KM apart.
-   Verto 5 is a low-density green star located near the Xavior nebula.
-   Verto 9 is a large blue star approximately 190,000 KM from the Pythamise nebula

Nebula:
-   Ricko is a large yellow gas nebula about 1.2 lightyears in diameter. The gas emitions are low-toxic, but also low-density, so the income generated from collection is close to none.
-   Uleda is a large green gas nebula around .60 lightyears in diameter. Just as Ricko, the emitions are non-toxic, but the minerals in the gas are used as a form of fuel in small fighters. It is located closest to Kordo.
-   Xora is a highly volatile red storm surge nebula. The gases normally cause electrical surges in equipment and ships entering the nebula. The approximate size, while most is still uncharted, is believed to be 2.3 lightyears. Some ships are able to pass through it, but any smaller craft are usually torn apart by lightning strikes that cause hull damage. It is located at least 15 hours on normal engine power from Leyroh.
-   Xavior is a volatile toxic green nebula, with gas emitions that are fatal. While it could be possible to get through without a leak, the nebula is also full of dust and ice particles that cause hull damage upon impact. The sizes of these rocks range from pebbles to boulders. The size is thought to be approximately .35 lightyears in diameter. It is located only a 30 minute flight from the Xora Surge Nebula.
-   Pythamise is a large blue mineral nebula, which generates gas deposits for ship fuel sources, as well as a form of raw, breathable material. While the gas is not entirely oxygen, it has been known for humans to be able to sustain themselves quite lively inside of its emitions. The resources extracted from the nebula gas are only one form of material, as there are also ice particles inside of the nebula that can be broken down into a liquid or gas form. The gas generated from liquidating the ice rocks is an older and more stable form of the already-present blue gas. The approximate size, while some is still uncharted, is 1.3 lightyears in diameter. It is located 8 hours from Kordo.

Stations:
-   Geno and Yuno are sister outposts, only about forty-five minutes apart from the other. Each are located on the outer rims of Kordo and Leyroh. They serve as early-warning outposts, observation, moderate combat, and small craft housing and repair.
-   Arco is located very close to Kordo, a battle station that is highly prepped for oncoming attacks. Its other uses are for moderate capitol ship repair, a docking bay fit to house 120 fighters and bombers, as well as a large array of anti-ship beams and AA guns.
-   Inoe is a small research outpost posted along the outskirts of the Ricko nebula. Its uses are to research the gas emitions from the Yellow Gas Nebula, to try and find other uses. The station houses every space chemical in the sector, so if it were to explode, the chemicals would mix and cause a massive detonation.
-   Wex 1, 2, and 3, are all shipyards for capitol ship construction in space. They are located only a short flight from Leyroh, and have produced over 350 capitol ships in their service.
-   Orb 1 and 2 serve as fighter shipyards, for fighter productions in space. They are stationed on the edges of the Uleda nebula, and only a 6 hour flight on normal engine power from Kordo. In their service, they have produced over 240,000 fighter craft and 160,000 bomber craft.
-   Orb-0 serves as the main station for the Orb Twin Fighter Shipyards. Its uses are primarily defensive and housing of personnel to run the shipyards. It has a compliment of over 30 defensive fighter and bomber craft.
-   Crio 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, are all Listening Posts to serve as high-observation, priority, and early warning for every base and planet in the system. If they are to come under attack, they wipe the computer database clean and escape in a subspace pod located in the aft of the station. Their locations are on the outskirts of the Ricko, Uleda, Xavior, and Pythamise nebula, and also a fair distance from the furthest outpost.

Kedera System:
-   The Kedera System is where all of these contents are located, which are 5 nebula, 6 planets, 4 stars, 15 stations, and a large assortment of satellites. The military presence is known as the KDF (Kedera Defense Force). Encounters have been strictly limited to rare native species. Its assortment is comprised of 150 capitol ships, 15 science vessels, 75 freighters and 200,000 fighters and bombers.

---------------------------------------------

The idea is that Shivans, unknown to these people, invade their home system and they are forced to fight them off. The entire game plays out in the same system, only you move from planet, to base, to nebula, to... well you get the idea. It is a large defensive operation that spans over god-knows-how many missions. Just thought I would let you guys in.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 04:15:31 pm by 1718 »

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
That's not going ot be the title of your campaign, is it? If so, forget about all that you just said...
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
...meh.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Comments on anything ELSE besides the friggin title..

Look, im in the middle of the boondocks 800 miles from real technology. Cut me some slack here guys. ;)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I think the idea sounds promising - confining the action to a single system should allow for a bit more fleshing out of what exactly the player is fighting to save.

I know the feeling.  I was stuck a few thousand km. or so from home with nothing but an old 166 MHz laptop until a few days ago.

Say, aren't you supposed to be FREDing for some other projects?  Methinks you may not have the time to pursue yet another project.

Goober recomended that I have some down-time from projects to get my head on straight, and also, I had nothing better to do then plan. Had to do SOMETHING.

All the frustraition and stress of DOING stuff kinda weighed me down, and I lost my temper on numerous occasions that almost cost me a ban from my favorite NS Server! Yikes!

Bah, I'll work something out, In the mean time, its planning time.

Ok, I've decided to do this one instead of the campaign in the nebula. I went over that with a friend of mine for a few hours, and we decided it would be too time-consuming and too... weird. A bit off course.

So, I plan on making this one come to life. I can tell this will take a while, so, my new Hard Drive is on its way, and I'll come up with about 10 missions or so.

If I could ask a really big favor of someone, and I mean big, I think I'll give it a try: Can someome create a battlestation for me? A big-ass station with guns guns guns and more guns? Something about THREE TIME the size of the Arcadia station? I just need something like that to look very, very intimidating and massive. Im not sure if anyone will want to do it for me, but I thought I might just ask. :D