Author Topic: add-sun-bitmap/remove-sun-bitmap - what does not work here??  (Read 1958 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
add-sun-bitmap/remove-sun-bitmap - what does not work here??
as great effect for the end of a campaign I wanted to have all three suns of the mission changing their color - from gold to red, since there is no sexp to do so I needed to remove the original suns first and than add a new one at the same position... using this here:
Code: [Select]
$Formula: ( when
   ( or
      ( is-goal-true-delay
         "Defend Draugr"
      )
      ( is-goal-false-delay
         "Defend Draugr"
      )
   )
   ( add-sun-bitmap
      "SunRed"
      @sun1red[4]
   )
   ( remove-sun-bitmap 0 )
)
+Name: transform sun1
+Repeat Count: 1
+Interval: 1
+Team: 0

( or
      ( is-goal-true-delay
         "Defend Draugr"
      )
      ( is-goal-false-delay
         "Defend Draugr"
      )
   )
   ( add-sun-bitmap
      "SunRed"
      @sun2red[5]
   )
   ( remove-sun-bitmap 1 )
)
+Name: transform sun2

( or
      ( is-goal-true-delay
         "Defend Draugr"
      )
      ( is-goal-false-delay
         "Defend Draugr"
      )
   )
   ( add-sun-bitmap
      "SunRed"
      @sun3red[6]
   )
   ( remove-sun-bitmap 2 )
)
+Name: transform sun3

the problem is that the orginial suns do disappear but 2 of 3 new suns only appear long seconds later and one does not even appear at all

what did I do wrong here???

[NOTE: We are not debating the physical basics of this here, k?]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Roanoke

Re: add-sun-bitmap/remove-sun-bitmap - what does not work here??
might be worth posting your goal event too, as these events take it as their cue.

Offline 0rph3u5

might be worth posting your goal event too, as these events take it as their cue.

here you are:
Code: [Select]
$Type: Primary
+Name: Defend Draugr
$MessageNew:  XSTR("Defend the Draugr", -1)
$end_multi_text
$Formula: ( and
   ( is-destroyed-delay
      "Nepucatneza"
      "Plague"
      "Aquarius"
      "Aries"
      "Cancer"
   )
   ( not
      ( is-destroyed-delay 0 "Draugr" )
   )
)

EDIT: please don't missunderstand me - all three events are tiggered (you see all old suns disappear); but not all new ones re-appear and not when the event is tiggered (only seconds later but still the delay is significant and will be noticed in any chase)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 03:31:05 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

I just "bad-bettered" this all... (since no one could help me  :sigh:)
I just don't remove the old suns anymore... and the new ones get 110/210% size...

does not have the same effect (the yellow lighting is still there and mixes with the red one = orange light = not as threatening  :sigh:)  but it will have to  :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

:( :(
-> for having killed this once beautiful effect

==================

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
To be honest I suspect that the problem is the delay caused by loading the sun.

Make a test mission with standard FS2 suns and post it on Mantis.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

will do...
the .bak files of the missions re-converted to .fs2-files would be okay? (cause there is still the story heck-meck in between; although that battle has always been fun to play  ;))

==================

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's probably Goober or Taylor who will have to look at this one but they'll probably agree that when making a mission to test a bug you should make it as simple as possible.

The longer it takes to trigger the bug the less likely a programmer is to bother. Best thing to do is a simple when - key-pressed - do whatever.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]