Author Topic: Casualties of war  (Read 1265 times)

Is something wrong with my campaign, or is the first mission supposed to have about 50 Mjolnirs in it? Seriously, I got 28 Mjolnir kills in the first mission. It was gay. Some of them were named Alastor 57 or whatever so makes me wonder if some of my files aren't screwed up.

Sounds like they are gun platforms that were changed. Wish it could be a cheat code ( just for relieving stress sometimes), but it is not. Could it be you have a corrupted table? I have noticed that when Freespace get a ship table entry it does not understand. It defaults to a Ulysses. I have extracted game files from the vps and changed them in Fred. Then I place the files in their respective folders in the data folder to test. Try and see if this works for you. Just remember to place the table files in the tables folder, in the data folder, before loading Fred.
or you can just try another download link.

Offline Narwhal

• Campaign List Crusader
Nothing wrong, AA. The first mission is supposed to have 50 Mjolnir or so. You're supposed to break through a blockade. I always wondered why the GTVA never SERIOUSLY blockade the nodes against the Shivans :) Here, your opponents try to.

Generally speaking, the campaign is planned big, with lots of great idea, but poor FREDing and execution. The lack of RTB in every mission or so is ... upsetting.

Nothing wrong, AA. The first mission is supposed to have 50 Mjolnir or so. You're supposed to break through a blockade. I always wondered why the GTVA never SERIOUSLY blockade the nodes against the Shivans :) Here, your opponents try to.

Generally speaking, the campaign is planned big, with lots of great idea, but poor FREDing and execution. The lack of RTB in every mission or so is ... upsetting.

Yeah most of the missions don't seem that well designed. Played through three or four of them. One I was flying a bomber and was supposed to take down a few ships but friendly ships would waste them all before I could even fire so it was like what was the point of me being there. Though, think the campaigns themselves are pretty short so will play through it anyway.

All of my missions have had RTB. Though I'm playing CoW2 so maybe they updated the first campaign. (I think it contains two campaigns, one the original)