Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP)

List your improvements here

<< < (2/5) > >>

CP5670:
Aside from the AI (the first thing on my wishlist :D), it would be nice if the game automatically detected modified tables and data files based on the currently-selected campaign and used that when playing any of the campaign missions. ;)

deep_eyes:
oh by the way
9. give delta 1 some burn (let him win a round or 2!)

Setekh:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by Carl
multiply and screen transparency instead of just screen. (for smoke, or dark matter lasers)
--- End quote ---

Hahah, that's an Adobe-ification...

It's called Addition, pilot... that, or inverse of multiply... but addition is what FS2 does. :)

DTP:
ehhh, it is not a wish list, it is what you have done to the source-code "THAT WORKS", so far. There is another thread on "wishes" /  "requested" else where here

Anyway here is what I have done so far. Keep in mind I like extremes.

Tripled combined max ships to 600 in FS2.exe and FRED2 (actually FRED2 only had a MAX of 100, don’t worry, no more U: R: A Moron stuff either.

Tripled Combined max subsystems to 2100 as a result of that or else FRED2 and FS2.exe will crash upon ship entry (fighters only) #139, Max subsystems (combined) was 700, that was the reason. It is now increased to 2100 ("tripled").

FRED2 now crashes on ship entry number approx #405, but note, that is when the numbers of subsystems on all ships combined exceeds 2100, properly should increase it to something extreme like 700*6=4200, since I increased FRED2 limit to 600, (six times the original setting). So 4200/600 = 7 subsystems averaged pr ship. I assume people understands the reason for limits today and are able to put restrictions on them-self when creating missions with this utility.

More cap ships means less combined ships.

Have not touched maximum subsystems pr ship yet, since i simply cannot see any reason for any ship to have above 99 subsystems.

Maybe i will fix that if somebody can give me a really really good reason for it, other than the "I want the DEADSTAR with Guns all over in SCALE 1:1" reason.

Increased max_shield_icons to 80, that means apart from the 33 original icons you now have 47 free ones. 40 extra`s shield icons.

These are easy modifications as they only requires a number or some numbers dependant on each other to be changed.

Looking at adding insignias to cap-ships. "Name plating", without having them in
player’ Squadron.

Actually played around with a new species entry, Ancients or something similar
But got some icon.tbl parsing errors on that one, so I discarded it and will look at it later.

New Light and stuff, will also be added later, if I`m able to do it, remember I`m no expert on this c++, I learn as I make mistakes and false assumptions, and when the light dawns on my head I start wall banging with this very head. :D.

Note, I just played a mission, but it was a mission made by the original FRED2.exe, it crashed when I hit ALT-J in game. Maybe it is that Parallax error Avenger referred too. Dunno. Maybe it was because of the new settings, or maybe something else. Dunno looking at it, as I did not have Debug running at the time.

But for starters it works until u press ALT-J in multiplayer, have not tested Single yet.

Setekh:
Whoa... quite a list... :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version