Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP)

Need for a code database

(1/2) > >>

##UnknownPlayer##:
Looking over the Freespace Source forum at all the things that people are adding and changing, it has occurred to me for the freespace forever project that:
1) It could use quite a few of these
2) We need a code database to keep track of all the chnages being made, and allow people to properly submit there's.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable in the area of how we get this to work on the web, but if anyone would like to post some suggestions then please put 'em here.

##UnknownPlayer##:
Ok, the first option that comes to mind is Sourceforge, though I'm not sure its the direction we'd want to send FSF (for now - I'm thinking a little more control?).

Please, if anyone has ideas just post them here and I'll look into them.

heretic:
I have a lightning fast database, although I'd want to know what you would need exactly.

Inquisitor:
Need CVS, that will be the first step. Kazan has a CVS server, but, you can't put the FS2 source on it, licensing issues. It's not legal, don't do it, don't think about doing it. If the FS2 engine is the engine of choice, then we need to work out stuff with V or whoever on what we can do with the code.

There are a couple of places that do CVS, and I was thinking maybe I could volunteer a server of my own (in a real datacenter, not in my house) for the FS2 source project, so, if this goes the fs2 code way, no reason that couldn't be a branch off that server. Lots of stuff happening, no idea what Kazan has planned, so, I guess we wait and see.

##UnknownPlayer##:
Hmm, well seems to me this would be how we'd want to get things worked out to make it easier for people to contribute. I think I might email V and ask about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version