Author Topic: your avatars  (Read 3949 times)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
your avatars don't look good in a forum where the background isn't black...  they look awesome in black-background forums, but wouldn't it be better to make them TRANSPARENT GIFs?  so that it will have the middle circle thing, and then the background is transparent?

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
how about this:  (same avatar... 0.12 of a KB bigger than the other, but transparent)

EDIT:  well, i edited it in Flash, and it was hard because it was all blurry... but whoever made it must have the original copy (bigger than 25x25) and if they edit it and make no background, then send me the file... i can save it to a transparent GIF (or they can)

it was just a recommendation :)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Well, uh, thanks for the initiative, but IMHO, it's kind of unnecessary. Our Avatars look fine as is, and changing them, while undoubtedly a quick one or two minute job, would be even more work for the admins, who did only just set us up. Let's at least wait a few days before we start pounding on them with requests.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
This was before I knew how to make a transparent GIF, so sue me. I might change it but I think it's OK for now.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
avatars still look good, i was just suggesting :)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
damn i lost mine by resetting by error my profile:rolleyes:

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
JUST DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:nervous:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Grey Wolf

Do I rate an avatar?
I made the X-Wing.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
well do you want to be a staff member? :D

Offline Grey Wolf

I was just j/king about the avatar, but I might do a bit of freelancing if you need a bit of help.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009
I was just j/king about the avatar, but I might do a bit of freelancing if you need a bit of help.

I think we should maybe look at emphasizing this sometime in he near future - if you want to make the SW mod become a reality faster, make some mods! I mean, this is probably the most active new forum since NW, so we've obviously got the community support - if we could get people to just make a model here, a texture there, or, like they did for TBP, subcontract out the easier mods to skin (some Raider Transpport I think), we could get the mod out faster, larger, and it would have a greater number of ships people actually want. Just insist on high quality.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2002, 11:20:19 pm by 302 »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp