Author Topic: HTL Iceni  (Read 133165 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
You can read that!??!?

[sarcasm]No, I'm just psychically attuned to the nameplates of ships posted in screenshots.[/sarcasm]

BTW, wouldn't it be great if bbcode had [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags? It would prevent so many stupid arguments and name-calling and stuff... tho I imagine it would feel kind of funny having to read that someone is being sarcastic, it's better than assuming or not knowing they are, amirite?

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
You can read that!??!?

Well, it's pretty clear that it doesn't say NTF Iceni :P

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
You can read that!??!?

I didn't see the nameplate at all until Aardwolf pointed it out...and I still can't read it.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline blowfish

You can read that!??!?

I didn't see the nameplate at all until Aardwolf pointed it out...and I still can't read it.

The "NTCV" part is pretty obvious.  And the following word is quite a bit longer than "Iceni" ;)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I had to crank my monitor brightness about halfway up to even see that there was a nameplate to begin with. :p

Offline blowfish

I had to crank my monitor brightness about halfway up to even see that there was a nameplate to begin with. :p

:eek2:  You might consider adjusting your monitor's settings...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hey, I'm on a CRT.  If I'm going to spend several hours out of every day staring at it, I'm keeping its brightness level down to a minimum. :p

More to the point, that's one sexy model, no matter how bright it is.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What's "ship lab"? And i might attempt a Boadicia :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
F3 from the Main Hall. Lets you browse ships and weapons with a little more control than the tech room.

As for attempting the Boadicea... uhm, well, I recommend you try making a low-poly version and getting it in-game before investing too much effort into making it pretty.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline blowfish

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:45:34 pm by blowfish »

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Linky no workey, but I do *vaguely* remember something like that. How far along was it?

Well anyway, if anyone does want to try the big rock I'll send them the nessecary Iceni files.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Indeed. If that's still going then cool, but if on the other hand it's been lost or abandoned, then it's not the huge loss I was afraid of fortunately. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Nx

Indeed. If that's still going then cool, but if on the other hand it's been lost or abandoned, then it's not the huge loss I was afraid of fortunately. :)

It's just one of the hipoly asteroids modified to fit. I can post the file if you want
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Well feel free, but I won't be working on it. It represents a huge amount of work to get right, and I just don't have time ATM. :(
Twisted Infinities

Offline Nx

Well feel free, but I won't be working on it. It represents a huge amount of work to get right, and I just don't have time ATM. :(

No problem. Actually I should have said "if anybody wants it".
BTW, could you send me the .blend file of the completed ship (IIRC you use blender, right?)
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

"Don't try to be a great man; just be a man, and let history make its own judgments." -- Zefram Cochrane

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Twisted Infinities

Offline Nx

Yeah sure: http://game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/MVP3610BETA/HTL_Iceni_DevFiles.zip

I think those are all the important bits. :)

I think I found a problem...

This is how it looks:

This is how it's supposed to look:

The texture got rotated 90° during conversion (my mistake, I rotated it in max). It won't be the end of the world if it gets released like this, but could you fix this please?
Here's a blend file with the texturing fixed in case that helps.
WikiModel dumpGTVA logo

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Sorry - the texture has been baked down to a single image on a rather complex UV map with baked on AO lighting and a baked glowmap + normal map. It would be possible to rotate it manually on all those maps and the shine map, but I kinda doubt that would work out too neatly.

I think it'd be best just to leave it as is really. I would have fixed it if I'd noticed it and/or thought it too ugly. ;)
Twisted Infinities

so after 3 years, it's done? THANK THE MAKER!
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!