Author Topic: Singularity  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Anyone played this gem yet?

I rarely have enough interest to finish most FPS, but the story on this one is brilliant.

Spoiler:
Basically, you start the game investigating an anomaly on an island, and end up changing history. The rest of the game follows your attempt at correcting it, but you end up changing history again and again and again... until at the end you have three choices to yet again try to correct history.

"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
never heard of it.  new?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I only know what I've read in PCGuk. Seen a few screenies.

Heard about the ability to rapidly age stuff and phase shift. Sounds timeshifty but better.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

never heard of it.  new?
Old actually. About 6 months I think. Its a real time travel story, so unless you like those, avoid it.
Oh, and the ending is as confusing as hell if you make the "right" decision.
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Davros

I Liked it (I am a big fan of raven games)

you actually have a fourth choice

instead of stopping your past self from saving him by killing your past self, you can shoot they guy your carrying thereby not killing your former self except the game wont allow you
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 12:14:01 pm by Davros »

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I saw the title, and thought you were talking about this. :/

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
It's just another console shooter on the Unreal Engine 3 with truly reprehensible graphics and mediocre gameplay.

I enjoyed it - Raven is pretty good at making competent, if not revolutionary games.  It draws a lot from bioshock (including its use of UT), and it takess a little effort to wrap your brain around what exactly is going on (not always in a good way), but the guns felt great, the time-powers were excellent.   It's nice to have another game take a stab at time travel (TimeShift being an unmitigated disaster, and Darkest of Days feeling like a poor hl2 mod). Singularity isn't an industry-changing  premiere title, but its definitely a solid title worth playing... if you like time travel as a plot point, and you can tolerate some Unreal Tournament quirks.  Too bad it got buried in the shuffle.  I heard about it, then forgot about it, when it came out, thanks to a few higher profile games.

It's funny you just posted this now, as I beat the game all of two days ago!
"Do you plunder?"
"I have been known to plunder..."
"I refer ye t' darkstar one, one o' th' newer big budget spacers - it's lack o' variety were bein' insultin', an' th' mechanics weren't polished at all.  Every time a title like wot comes out, it pushes th' return o' th' space shooter genre further down th' sea." - Talk like a pirate day '09
"Hope for the best, expect the worst." -Heinlein