Author Topic: E3 2013  (Read 5856 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hahahahaha, god, the Sony press conference has been a blood bath (for Microsoft).

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I am not sure if I should be excited about Battlefront 2142, on one hand: I'd love a new battlefront, on the other: It's DICE.

DICE = Frostbite = No Dx9 Support = I can't play = I have to buy a whole new PC just to play = F.T.S.

Besides, EA will make the game turn into Star Wars: Micro-transactions. The last thing I want is another money/time sink to play (I am having a hard time getting over STO already.)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
They should just retire the Xbone.  There's no way to recover from this.

Offline An4ximandros

You mean the Xboned?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hahahahaha, god, the Sony press conference has been a blood bath (for Microsoft).

Indeed.. wow. It was one thing when speculation was that Sony would follow suit of some of MS's bad decisions since people were thinking it was a publisher led innitiative. (The DRM stuff) Seems that's not the case. I'm left wondering what MS was is thinking...

To clarify for the thread... Xbone is waaaaaaaaay too expensive ($499) with all that DRM. Sony is at a decent price ($399) with no DRM. Both consoles targeting the same market (assuming Xbone is still targeting gamers at this point).
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Yes, a very good press conference.

I think the Mad Max trailer was a hint... why to use one bullet if you can use a buggy to flatten Microsoft...
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

I was throughoutly impressed with Sony. Maybe I set the bar very low or expected things to be over fairly quickly but it just kept going and going and more really interesting titles being announced. I have a Xbox 360 (Conveniently RROD'd on me a few days back, will be a month or so till that's repaired) but I definitely am not going to buy a Xbox One, glad to see I won't be missing out on a lot of titles as aside from Halo 5 I didn't see any exclusive that could be considered a 'buy on sight' thing, and I don't mind passing that. Not even sure if I'll get a PS4 but at least it'll be a good candidate.

I'm very curious how Microsoft will respond, they better bring out the biggest PR guns and find a way to spin that they came to reason and remove the DRM and other restrictions. Still, companies don't like to change their ways.

Also, I really expected Sony to follow suit with Microsoft, just be one step less intrusive, the 'good cop-bad cop' or 'three steps forward, two steps back' idea of forcing stuff onto customers, good to see they don't appear to be playing that game.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The only thing I do not like about the PS4 (and I am getting one, no doubt about that) is that it's gonna cost 399 Euros as well (Which, given current exchange rates, is equivalent to 528 USD).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Direct your congratulations this way gentlemen.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I am not sure if I should be excited about Battlefront 2142, on one hand: I'd love a new battlefront, on the other: It's DICE.

DICE = Frostbite = No Dx9 Support = I can't play = I have to buy a whole new PC just to play = F.T.S.
Uhm. First DX10 GPU's were released about 7 years ago. I don't think you have any room to complain if DX9 is no longer supported. It's a good thing.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I know Nintendo's not doing a full-fledged press event, but I really hope they have something of note during the reveals they're doing.  I want a reason to buy a Wii U. :(

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Direct your congratulations this way gentlemen.

:lol:

I know Nintendo's not doing a full-fledged press event, but I really hope they have something of note during the reveals they're doing.  I want a reason to buy a Wii U. :(

Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U, and (surprisingly) Nintendo Land were fun enough for me already. Not to mention the handy Netflix/Amazon Prime Instant Video tacked on. But then.. the only consoles I buy are Nintendo ones... love me some Zelda and Metroid. As long as those games are fun and exclusive to Nintendo boxes, I'll probably be purchasing them.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Given the confusion over how sharing games will work in the next generation, Sony put together a step-by-step tutorial on sharing PS4 games.

:lol:

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
if that isn't a slap in the face to Microsoft, I don't know what is

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
How long do you guys think it will be before the first Red Wedding / E3 joke images get made?  ;)

Offline An4ximandros

*Eagerly awaits GIF of Steve Ballmer getting stabbed in the gut by Kazuo Hirai*

PS: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/15335/article/sony-just-pulled-a-red-wedding-on-microsoft-at-e3/

EDIT: In the mean time

« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:07:19 am by An4ximandros »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Okay, so here's new BF4 gameplay trailer. http://youtu.be/IEZhbV9s1Ag

Now I don't really care about BF franchise much, but remember that Dragon Age and Mass Effect games will be using same Frostbite engine as BF4. So I watched the trailer and couldn't help but drool thinking we'll get DA and ME on same technical grounds.

And without further ado, Dragon Age trailer. http://youtu.be/rh8v3Et4tGE

There's been some rumors about DA possibly having multiplayer too, something like ME3 did. If true, I might end up wasting hundreds of hours playing it.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
The thunderous applause reached through a less-than-stellar announcement that Playstation Plus will be required for online gaming,

Wait what
That's the reason I never got into the Xbox...
****ing subscriptions to play online
"No"

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
From what I've read, the Plus subscription grants you free games as well as good deals. Long-term it should pay itself back if you make use of the bonuses it has.

Less than 5 bucks a month isn't much.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:53:21 am by Fury »